• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Duracoated LAR-8

The concussion is bad if you are not the one shooting it. My father-in-law was about 10 feet to the left of me and said he could feel the sound hitting his face and he didn't like it.  I wear electronic earmuffs all the time so the increased noise doesn't bother me. I can watch the bullets impacting the target through my scope which is impressive.  I haven't tried it at 4x yet, but at 50 yards on 1x it is great.  All I really feel is the bolt hitting the buffer tube and no noticable muzzle lift.

The pattern is a vector drawing  about 20" x 36" of a Kryptec swatch I found on the internet.  I drew it with my sign program (4 hours) and used white vinyl for my stencil. With all the different surfaces on these guns, It was the most difficult stenciling I have ever done and probably won't do it again. My Benjamin Titan Air rifle served as my practice gun and I used Krylon on it.  It was much darker with more contrast. I considered darkening this paint job a bit by dusting with a little dark olive or black, but I'm afraid I'll not like it as much and with duracoat, there is no erasing.

OTTO

post-14236-0-36279800-1399411250_thumb.j

Very cool paint job! Didn't think there was anyone else with the JP break. I love mine. I also added heavy tungsten powder in place of the buffer weigh. If I don't blink I can watch the shot's at 200yrds appear. I can't bring myself to try a new paint job but all the other easy mods are done.