• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Primary Arms 1-6 arrived.

As I stated in the other thread, I was seduced by the low price and online reviews.  I was skeptical about the quality of this scope based on a couple of the PA 1-4 Scopes I have borrowed and used from others.  I was mistaken.  The scope is actually quite nice. 

I got it mounted up in an ADM Recon mount and placed on one of my rifles.  I used my Vortex PST 1-4 (MRAD) for glass comparison.  The glass isn't quite as good as the PST 1-4, but it is good.  As I said, the glass is way better than any PA 1-4 that I looked though.  

Pros:

-Price, $279 to my door.

-True 1X .  This is a little distortion at 1x, but it isn't horrible.

-Illumination.  It has settings from 1-11.  Daytime visible on setting 11.  Be forewarned...11 at dusk looks like the reactor meltdown warning light at Chernobyl.   Settings 1 or 2 is plenty.  

-Reticle.  I like the reticle.  It is easy to pick up at every power setting  I am going to a 600 yard range in the next couple of days to see if the reticle is worth anything. It is not as busy as I some of the web photos made it out to be.

-Eye Relief/eyebox.  It is not quite as good as the PST 1-4 or the M-223 line, but it more forgiving than anything else in its price range.   It does get a little critical at 6x. 

-Glass.  At the price point, it is above average.  

Cons:

-The rear diopter/focus can't be locked into place.  You have to use your flip up cap as your index. 

-Illumination doesn't cut off between power settings.  

-Turrets could be better.  

-Light.  As dusk set it, you could see the short comings of the scopes ability to transmit light. 

-Field of View.  I feel this could be improved upon.  

Next:

This is my first day out with it.  I will report back the next range day.  

I am going to box test it, test the reticle and work with it in conjunction with a PVS-22 to see how it does at night.  

I think for the price, it is a very nice scope....at least for now  Let me get several hundred rounds through this thing and we will see if I change my mind. 

I think I bought this same one a few months ago. I put it on my 14.5" 5.56. It has been a decent scope for me thus far. I agree with the exact issues you brought up. For plinking, it's more than enough. For anything more serious I'll upgrade to one of the other 1-6x options. Currently looking at Vortex Razor HD Gen2, SWFA, and even the VCOG (insane sales right now).

A VCOG? Apparently the "Lord of the naps" has a Swiss bank account that he hasn't told anybody about. <laughs> Now I don't mind spending some dough on nice equipment, but those prices even make me do a double-take.

Edited by Rsquared

Effin comedians here...

The Mil/LE price for Memorial Day sales is almost 50% off for the VCOG.

I expect the price to drop this summer/fall. I don't think it's getting the draw they were hoping for. People are pissed that it's AAA battery operated, with no option for tritium. That, and the reticle leave something to be desired for some. Some complain about weight, but when you consider the integrated mount, it's not that bad.

A VCOG? Apparently the "Lord of the naps" has a Swiss bank account that he hasn't told anybody about. <laughs> Now I don't mind spending some dough on nice equipment, but those prices even make me do a double-take.

You can pull a 1~6 VCOG on DSG Arms for $1,400 right now - that's half.  I've been eye-balling that one.  Gotta be MIL or LEO to see it - Ron, you need to update your DSG account, brother, if you can.

Text me a link big daddy!

Greg, update your DSG $hit, brother...

post-7-0-20556100-1401171075_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-88113900-1401171086_thumb.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V