• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

FNH FNS-9

planeflyer21

I was falling for the FNH line of pistolas, but continuously find myself back to looking at Sigs.

I was ready to pull the proverbial trigger on an FNX-45... Then I saw the Sig P226 9mm TacOps came with x4 20rd mags. If I was dead set on a polymer gun, Sig has their new striker series that just came out... boasting 17 rds of 9mm! Even their new P227 has 12+1, with a "tactical" model coming out with 14+1 in .45 ACP.

My buddy owns the FNX-40, and snapped the safety/decocker on his first outing. FNH replaced with no issues, but it still happened nonetheless.

Posting a review is different from asking for a review. I see the flaw in my thinking when I improperly tried to use The RULE on Tom. That being said...

Jon.....

I was really hoping for more flak, as I'd already ordered it...so I could say:  

So who has one of these beauties?

Total overall package?

Fun factor?

Understand...these seem to have been released into an overloaded striker-fired polymer pistol market.

:stfu2:

<laughs>

Anyway...it's here!!

Have to say it is pretty sweet little polymer pistol.  It came with the regular 3-dot sights (plan on getting something different, so didn't want the night sights), three 17-round magazines, owner's manual, and another bicycle lock.  Made in the USA!

The two backstraps for the pistol, curved and flat, are held in place with a small flat spring held at one end by the frame.  Insert a paperclip or other wiry tool into a small hole, depress the flat spring, and the backstrap slides off of the bottom of the grip.  Slide the new one up until you hear a small "click".   Both have a generous lanyard hole.

While ejection is from the  port on the right side of the frame, the slide lock and magazine release are both ambidextrous.  Controls are low-profile.  Unlike the typical cylindrical mag releases, these are teardrop shaped and well contoured.  For me they are easy to depress with either my trigger finger or thumb (with the flat backstrap).

With a "No reserve" auction very low and in the last 20 minutes, I took the bid at $331. $25 S&H, plus $15 transfer...pretty good deal for a $599 MSRP!

Range report won't come for awhile...pretty busy right now.

post-12390-0-48248100-1403897323_thumb.j

post-12390-0-60302000-1403897345_thumb.j

post-12390-0-53553200-1403897360_thumb.j

So who has one of these beauties?

Total overall package?

Fun factor?

Understand...these seem to have been released into an overloaded striker-fired polymer pistol market.

Noooow...  I see what you did there...  <lmao>