• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ear Pro

natedavis49686

I am tired of my cheap, uncomfortable generic ear-muffs. I see all kinds of great electronic, over-ear, in-ear options.

What are your thoughts and why?

I do shoot quite a bit, and will be hunting too. I hunt with a group of guys, and we all use radios, so it may be beneficial to have some sort of aux in port too.

Peltor?

Thanks for your recommendations.

This should probably be in the Gear & Accessories section...but

The Howard Leight electronic muffs are the best bang for the buck out there.  And they now have a "deluxe" version that blocks out 30db.

The new "deluxe":  http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-R-01902-Electronic-Shooting-Earmuffs/dp/B007BGSI5U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1411054086&sr=8-3&keywords=howard+leight+impact+sport

The original:  http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-R-01526-Electronic-Earmuff/dp/B001T7QJ9O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411054123&sr=8-1&keywords=howard+leight+impact+sport

Stay away from Pro Ears! I've had two pairs of their muffs and one side quit working on each pair after a couple of years. They are expensive ($200+) and in my opinion for what they cost they should last longer than a couple of years! When the first pair quit I sent them back to be repaired and they called and said both sides needed to be replaced! I said "WTF! One side was still working fine when I sent them to you!" They also wanted damn near as much to repalce the electronics as what a new pair cost. When I told them to just send them back they offered me a $100 discount towards a new pair. That's the only reason I got a second pair and the second pair didn't last as long as the first pair did. I'm going with the Peltors, a lot of the action pistol shooters I shoot with have them and have had good service from them.

• 5 months later...

I've been thinking about purchasing a set of MSA Sordin ear pro. I'm a little reticent to mentioning this as I did a search and didn't get any results. You know...the rule and all that.

Everything I have read about them has been stellar. Any feedback from those that frequent this forum?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00QUYKS8Y?psc=1