• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fixed hat for link you Mrmackc

This is an original USGI issued M14 Combination Tool. And buttstock cleaning kit. Features a mil-spec parkerized finish.

Technical Information:

·  Tightens or loosens the gas cylinder plug

·  Tightens or loosens the rear sight knobs

·  Removes or installs the buttplate screws

·  Removes or installs the muzzle stabilizer

·  Removes or installs the M2 bipod

·  Acts as a handle for the cleaning kit rod

·  Disassembles and assembles the bolt

·  Operates the spindle valve

·  Pushes cartridges from a stripper clip into the magazine

·  Disengages the connector lock from the operating rod spring guide ruing disassembly

m14.jpg

Thanks for the fixing thangie Toolindie guy! I got the USGI one. The picture came from Numerich.

Like the later GI ones the chamber brush ratchet is black plastic, which tend to break fairly easily.

I also have several GI M1 Garand 3006 combo tools they are sturdy all steel chamber brushes but they don't ratchet, I haven't found that to be a problem.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, planeflyer21 said:

1-in-12 twist is interesting.

How about some pics of the inside of the stock?

Not much to see, just a boyds stock. I will probably inlet and bed it in the future.

BARREL, MEDIUM WEIGHT LRB/SACO:  22", not chrome lined, 1-12 twist, chrome moly, parkerized finish, short chamber. Perfect reproduction of the classic Saco-Lowel national match barrel. Made in USA for LRB by Criterion

9 minutes ago, Sisco said:

:thumbup:Really really sweet. Look forward to hearing what it will do on the range. What optics are you thinking of?

Haven't given it much thought as Ive been busy lately.  Was thinking something under 10x and a fairly low profile with a quick detach mount. Not looking for a huge 50mm bell hanging out there.  

Any suggestions?

98Z recommends Primary Arms highly, and I picked up a red dot there a few years ago. They have a 1x6 variable with lighted recticle and a BDC grid for 308/5.56 that I am planning on down the line. Got to pay off a few things first. Currently have a cheaper 1x6 I got a deal on and I like the magnification levels. My current one is a first focal plane and the Primary is a second focal plane, which makes it a bit more usable at low power. My cross hairs disappear at 1X!

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-1-6x-scope-patented-acss-308-reticle-advanced-combined-sighting-system-paps1-6x

Edited by Sisco

^^^  Exact same scope I just put on the .338 Fed AR.  So far, I really like it, and it's the same quality as the other PA scopes I've got - excellent.  Leaving to sight it in in a few more hours.

I think it would be a great addition to the M1A. :thumbup:

PA1-6.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

I've been through a LOT of firearms over the past several decades....

For hand-guns NOTHING has come close to my many (Wilson) 1911-.45-Autos.

But NOTHING makes me smile like my (LRB) M14's Rifles.  I love everything about them....especially the simplicity, reliability, and ruggedness.

I have another one coming next week!

I just bought a pair of Schmidt & Bender 10x42-PM-II Fixed Power Scopes i'll be trying soon.  (Scope in bottom pic is not mine)

These are older pics, but will post more as soon with new TNVC Cheek-Risers, and Scopes.

YKjAn5O.jpgtVOOTd9.jpg7LQp9qQ.jpg

On 2/9/2017 at 10:30 AM, Toolndie7 said:

Haven't given it much thought as Ive been busy lately.  Was thinking something under 10x and a fairly low profile with a quick detach mount. Not looking for a huge 50mm bell hanging out there.  

Any suggestions?

Also, take a look at the Bassett Machine Mounts. I really like mine. Simplicity.

15 hours ago, Sisco said:

Also, take a look at the Bassett Machine Mounts. I really like mine. Simplicity.

Mounts not required on a M25 receiver. Check out the integrated rail :thumbup:

15 hours ago, m1911 said:

I've been through a LOT of firearms over the past several decades....

For hand-guns NOTHING has come close to my many (Wilson) 1911-.45-Autos.

But NOTHING makes me smile like my (LRB) M14's Rifles.  I love everything about them....especially the simplicity, reliability, and ruggedness.

I have another one coming next week!

I just bought a pair of Schmidt & Bender 10x42-PM-II Fixed Power Scopes i'll be trying soon.  (Scope in bottom pic is not mine)

These are older pics, but will post more as soon with new TNVC Cheek-Risers, and Scopes.

Beautiful weapons you have there sir. Thanks for sharing

49 minutes ago, Toolndie7 said:

Mounts not required on a M25 receiver. Check out the integrated rail :thumbup:

Beautiful weapons you have there sir. Thanks for sharing

Realized after I posted it had that integrated rail. Nice! Guessing it is solid as a rock! Personally I haven't got to a trust level with quick detach mounts, but a lot of people swear the LaRue ones actually work quite well.

• 1 month later...

Ended up going with a Vortex viper PST 2.5-10x32 scope. Retails for $1k but as its currently being discontinued I was able to get a new one for $599 shipped. I figured with their lifetime warranty it was worth it. Once its in hand I will measure for clearance and order a LaRue quick detach mount.

rfl_pst_25-10x32_moa_fr-t.jpgrfl_pst_25-10x32_moa_turret-t.jpg

• 3 weeks later...