• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Magpul Remington 700 chassis

UPDATE – Magpul releases details on new 700 items:

“Hunter 700, $259.95 MSRP has an anodized aluminum bedding block, uses SGA cheek riser and LOP spacers, has M-LOK slots, has dimples to add swivel studs and places to add our QD sockets, weighs 2.9 lbs, and works with factory Rem bottom metal as packaged, or….

Remove a spacer (30 seconds) and insert our hybrid steel and polymer Bolt Action Magazine Well (MSRP $69.95, includes one magazine) to use AICS compatible magazines, speaking of which…

The PMAG5 7.62 AC is an AICS compatible polymer magazine with anti-tilt follower, MSRP $34.95. The magazine holds five rounds as packaged to comply with hunting regulations, but if you clip the follower stop on a pre-scored line, it becomes a 6-round magazine, useful in competitive shooting disciplines or just for an extra round.”

There really is an easy answer to both of these comments.  I can't believe it's not obvious...  <lmao>

I have two Bolt rifles , one a 1903A3 & a 308 Mossberg & that is too many , to me , just not a Bolt gun person , but have always wanted a Rem. 700 . This may be a reason to pick up one . <thumbsup>

just not a Bolt gun person , but have always wanted a Rem. 700 . 

Me either, I just never could get comfortable behind one like an AR platform that's why I sold my build and just stayed with the semi auto. Bolt guns have their place just not my thing. I always got into debates with the team commander on bolt vs semi for our precision rifle / over watch as we were no further than 200 yds . After loosing the debates he finally said snipers use bolt guns and bolt guns are for snipers period now leave me alone lol. I'd take an SR-25 or AR-10 over a bolt gun on an op any day of the week. If its to heavy, 1 grow stronger, or 2 split the upper and lower and have a teammate carry 1/2 lol.