• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Magazine Recommendations

bbush44

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So to the best of my knowledge the Brownells mags have never materialized, so I cancelled my pre-order.

I'm glad i didn't wait.

But for some reason, I went from no mags to 8, 25 round Pmags. 8, 20 round Pmags. and 2 Lancer Mags.

The only issue i have had with any of these mags are the size of the 25 round mags.  Finding an enclosed mag pouch is a Bi'atch.

I did find a 5 mag com block AK shoulder bag that will work ok.

Angel, did you notice the dust port/water port in the bottom of the Lancers?  Pretty damn sweet addition.  <thumbsup>

It's on the lock plate for the bottom cover on the mag.  Open for water exfil, closed to prevent dust intrusion.  Badass design.

post-7-0-01987600-1431580138_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-11321200-1431580141_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I saw that feature, but it's kinda pointless with the entire top of the mag open. The metal/polymer design is a much better selling feature. I'm still not convinced they are worth more than double the price.

I had high hopes for the Brownell mags.

I thought it was so that the mag in your gun drains after you come up out of the water with it. That way you don't have to take the mag out and hold it upside down...

I thought it was so that the mag in your gun drains after you come up out of the water with it. That way you don't have to take the mag out and hold it upside down...

The hole is kinda small, I can't see that it would work that quickly, I'd be more concerned about water in the barrel.

But, I'll try it the next time I come up out of the water with my gun, the public pools should be open soon...

The hole is kinda small, I can't see that it would work that quickly, I'd be more concerned about water in the barrel.

Slightly crack the charging handle to unseat the bolt, and everything comes out of the barrel.  <thumbsup>