• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Anybody have Noveske KX5 or KX3?

Toolndie7

I am looking for somebody willing to give me a dimension of a 7.62 model....  I am building a 10mm  ar pistol and thought about running one of these to keep my pressure up. I wanted to know the outside dimension of the internal "cone" to know if I would have enough material to bore it out for a 10mm? I may end up making my own if I have to but would rather just buy one.  Thanks for any info.

Thanks Rob, but Im not sure that would do much for my back pressure.

Oops. Wrong button...

Lol. It won't do anything for your back pressure. I was just providing you an alternative option... especially since the pistol caliber barrels (that I know of) aren't threaded for a 1/2x28 or 5/8x24 device.

Most pistol caliber builds are "blow back" and not direct impingement. Not much a pig will help with in that fact. If you are building with a RMWxtreme upper, then you'll likely have a custom DI system and then a pig may be of help again... especially if you decide to shoot some lighter .40s&w stuff through it.

Oops. Wrong button...

Lol. It won't do anything for your back pressure. I was just providing you an alternative option... especially since the pistol caliber barrels (that I know of) aren't threaded for a 1/2x28 or 5/8x24 device.

Most pistol caliber builds are "blow back" and not direct impingement. Not much a pig will help with in that fact. If you are building with a RMWxtreme upper, then you'll likely have a custom DI system and then a pig may be of help again... especially if you decide to shoot some lighter .40s&w stuff through it.

I am running a DI barrel from Ron Williams and I have not threaded the barrel yet, Still exploring my options for a muzzle device. Would be cool to run 40 through it though

Cheaper too! I just watched a video of a guy shooting .40 in his Glock20. He says he's got hundreds through the pipe with no issues. It's not quite as accurate, but accurate enough to plink with.

Im already reloading for 10mm anyway so no biggie. Im kinda anxious to see what I can work up to with a closed bolt DI setup. Heard of guys running like 14-15gr of AA#7 :eek:

Yep, even if you lose that whole straight section on the inner end of the cone, it'll still do it's job - cone retaining the blast.

Need the outer diameter of that straight section on the inner end of the cone?  I'll take apart a KX3 today.

on my 5.56 pistol, I'm running a krink brake that cost me $26 shipped from amazon. my buddy has a piggy on his pistol. both are 7.5, both running standard carbine buffers and braces. both brakes look similar externally and internally. we fired them back to back and didn't notice any difference between them from the shooter or the bystander perspective.

might be worth it to find a cheapo 7.62 brake to experiment with before you pony up

Edited by blue109

Went to the range this morning, ran about 15 rounds and the gas system cycled with authority. I'm still working on the mags so I had to finger the bolt catch. But the bolt unlocked, blew back and easily caught the catch. I may chop a little off the existing 10" barrel length. Now I have to work on feeding it. we will see....