• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Member from Ga.

Firemaniv

I have been lurking here for awhile especially after deciding to build a 308 AR.I have wanted to build an AR for a long time but did not want another 556 AR so I decided to build one in 308. I have been gathering the parts to do so and I ordered the last few parts this week. My build will be of the following.

Mega arms Maten MTS

Mega 308 16" barrel

Black rain BCG and adjustable gas block

Heavy buffers buffer and spring

Magpul UBR stock in ghost grey

Geissele SSA-E

Battle Arms safety 

Welcome to the forum from coastal GA. How bout them dawgs?

Sic Em! What part of Coastal Ga? I am in Camden.

Welcome to the forum from Washington. I really like the Mega Maten set. It's on my to do list...

Which Maten set are you looking at? I can not wait til it gets here to start on it. I hope to have it next week. My BCG is backordered 3 weeks though.

I forgot to add that I am a 308 fan and have a Scar 17 SBR, a gunsite scout, and a family of M1A's for my 308 collection.

Which Maten set are you looking at? I can not wait til it gets here to start on it. I hope to have it next week. My BCG is backordered 3 weeks though.

I want to add the Ambi upper/lower receiver set to my stable. Also noticed that Mega Arms is releasing a new M-Lok free float tube soon.

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

At first I only thought they had the Maten MTS but then I found the other keymod and the m-lok. I looked at those, they look awesome, but I stuck with the MTS. I did not need rails at the 45 offsets. I like the ambi lower too since I am left handed.I have all the parts to make all controls ambi execpt a raptor charging handle that I need to order for it. I run the raptor on my 556 AR's and like it.