• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DARPA Homing bullets.

I am trying to figure out if they use infrared technology or a millimeter wave sensor. I am guessing a wave sensor as that technology has been researched quite throughly to develop smart antiarmor munitions that upon explosion, forge their own armor penetrating fragments and point them at individual targets in the area of detonation.

Absolutely Not ! DARPA is close to R2's home, it should be in his must buy thread. Yeah we haven't forgotten ,Ron !

Dammit! I here I thought that I was flyin low. Guess I better start saving up for some of the fancy DARPA stuff. <laughs>

Edited by Rsquared

It's pretty sweet, but I'm pretty sure they had a segment on Future Weapons or something on the subject several years ago.

Let me know the day DARPA starts sending out catalogs, they've got some crazy-badass schitt hidden away in that ever-expanding budget of theirs

It's pretty sweet, but I'm pretty sure they had a segment on Future Weapons or something on the subject several years ago.

For grenades, from a grenade launcher.  Not for bullets.

Airburst, above the target, in which the target was in defilade.

Edited by 98Z5V

For grenades, from a grenade launcher. Not for bullets.

Airburst, above the target, in which the target was in defilade.

You mean the XM-25? I think that was '08 or '09, the one I'm thinking of might be older than that. It's more or less what you described; a portable (small arms), non-explosive JDAM, guided by lasers or GPS or something.

I'll post a link when I find it, that article's got to still be out there. Somewhere....

• 2 months later...