• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

you think 80% lower is cool?

blue109

I'm pretty sure it's just an AR-15. The curved magwell makes it look bigger than it is. The article just says "the 7.62 millimeter bullet" , it doesn't say which 7.62. Plus it says, and O quote, "The CM901 is also versatile in its modular design, which allows it to fire off 5.56-millimeter rounds as well," so it sounds like another case of idiots writing reports about things they know little about other than the controversy surrounding it. The least they could do is call it what it is.

Man, I got all excited, too.... :(

Hard to say for sure but, I'm suspecting this is an AR15 that is firing 7.62 x 39 as well as 5.56 x 45 - that upper just doesn't look like a 308AR <dontknow>

Seems to have a odd looking cut around the pivot pin.

Hmmm, I think I spoke too soon, most AR15 uppers have "T" marks from 2 - 12, This rig is showing T16 - looks like it may be a 308,

the roll pins retaining the ejection port door pin are something I don't recall seeing anywhere but, the rounds do appear to be 7.62 x 51.

post-14633-0-23509600-1432229869_thumb.p

Edited by guruofhotrod