• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Larue MBT-2

Doc_Tonka

First, you need to search "The Rule."  You'll understand once you find enough info about it.  You were danger close to buying this trigger just now, but someone here ordered one in the not-too-distant past. 

Come to think of it - we haven't heard that review yet...

You ask about something & no one here reviewed it , you must buy it & review it , for our consumption . If someone comes up & says they own it & reviews it , your off the hook . 

We sometimes let new guys off the hook , just don't bet your wallet on it <dontknow> .

There is one Member here who said he ordered it , but if we don't hear from him ( and you know who you are  <laughs> ) you may need to get your wallet out  <thumbsup>

Worst case , you get a good trigger & tell us what you think of it . I can't see anything coming from Mark , that's bad .

First, you need to search "The Rule."  You'll understand once you find enough info about it.  You were danger close to buying this trigger just now, but someone here ordered one in the not-too-distant past. 

Come to think of it - we haven't heard that review yet...

Lol. I'm only about 300 rounds into Marks trigger. You know I only talk out my a$$ in the club house.....and sometimes the handgun forum when people try to compare Croatian weapons to Austrian perfection......

Not the review....but Doc, this may answer what you are asking.  The MBT-2 pull weight is very similar (identical some might say) to the SSA, but it breaks more like the SSA-E.  It is more crisp than the SSA.  The trigger is wider so it is tough to compare pull weight by feel alone.  The reset forces you to come all the way off (almost)  so you have to pull almost all the way through the first stage again.  It is a pronounced push off during reset, which I would love....if I was firing a heavier recoiling rifle.   It is a great trigger, but at the moment it isn't doing anything better than the SSA other than having a really crisp break.   

Right now because of the low round count, I think the SSA is the superior trigger for in close fighting as well as precision work.  I may biased because my work rifles are SSA and KAC equipped and I have exponentially more rounds through them.  Once I hit 2k with this one, I may change my mind, but it will have to show me more.  I figured that is when I will complete this review.  I want to give this trigger a fair shake.  Was it worth $125, effin A.  Would Stain pay $200 for it......that remains to be seen.  

To be continued. .......

Edited by StainTrain

Photo's or you don't have one & how's it , we never got them to begin with , in the first place . Is that FCG a secret & you would have to snuff us out, if we laid eye's on it  <dontknow>   <laughs>

We always share ours with you . <thumbsup>

Edited by survivalshop

Photo's or you don't have one & how's it , we never got them to begin with , in the first place . Is that FCG a secret & you would have to snuff us out, if we laid eye's on it  <dontknow>   <laughs>

We always share ours with you . <thumbsup>

I shall satisfy your cravings upon returning to the castle

I light of recent developments of murderous mooselimbs,I am thinkin of tradeing/selling my Sig 1911.8 to 10 rounds of .45 ACP isn't enough.It's also a PITA to clean IMHO.Xdm in .45 ACP 4.5" barrel is where I'm leaning.Flawless and easy to break down.The best thing to come out of Austria was an empty bus. <lmao>

Edited by unforgiven