• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Starting to put together my Reidman build

EasyEJL

I bought the upper/lower combo, the 15" rail, and the 16" AP4 barrel from Reidman. I've saved up a little bit o money, so I'm trying to figure out the rest of what I want to buy. Pretty settled on

the Luth MBA1 stock

http://www.luth-ar.com/product/the-mba-modular-buttstock-assembly/

the triggerless LPK + upper PK from armalite, have a nice trigger here waiting (can't recall the brand, bought it from another member here)

So i'm more or less down to buffer tube/spring/buffer, BCG (LR308 pattern), gas block + tube, and muzzle device after that. Trying to keep it budget friendly, what suggestions do you all have? Not sure if I really need adjustable gas block on this one as i'm unlikely to suppress it

• 6 months later...

Well, I've mentally rotated around some on this. What i'm going to do is get the LUTH-AR MBA1 in FDE for my dpms pattern 308AR, and the move the Mako GL-Shock carbine from that onto this.

I poked around a little, were there any specific issues or anything else I should be looking out for on assembling up the lower + upper?

• 1 year later...

ok, so actually putting it together now, with a armalite 10A lpk. everything EXCEPT the bolt catch goes in fine. the bolt catch slides in smoothly right up to the last 1/16 of an inch or so then binds. did anyone else run into this? I'm guessing its just slightly malformed, which I really didn't expect from an armalite piece. Outside of that, the rest went together smooth as silk

58 minutes ago, EasyEJL said:

ok, so actually putting it together now, with a armalite 10A lpk. everything EXCEPT the bolt catch goes in fine. the bolt catch slides in smoothly right up to the last 1/16 of an inch or so then binds. did anyone else run into this? I'm guessing its just slightly malformed, which I really didn't expect from an armalite piece. Outside of that, the rest went together smooth as silk

I used the LPK from Chris, maybe give him a call at the new place, Live Free Armory, (407) 891-1255.

Armalite (AR10) and DPMS (LR308) use different style bolt catches. I ran into a problem with the DPMS style bolt catch hitting the upper and making it inoperative on my PSA PA10 Gen 2 build. PSA uses a Armalite style bolt catch. you might want to check to see if the bolt catch is hitting the upper causing it to be "pinned down" and can't move up the lock the bolt back on an empty mag

Knock the lower corner off the bolt catch - it's what is binding.    Lower corner, furthest from the pin hole location. 

See the square corners on these Armalite pieces here?:

59a7a066c5098_Armaliteboltcatches.jpg.b05f1a6f883b3bbd7409f2f00f89e5f5.jpg

You'll need to knock that 90* corner off, and make it into something like this here:

59a7a0b0c54e5_LR308boltcatch.jpg.345759d50a5606e43f7ad1e5a977d121.jpg

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Knock the lower corner off the bolt catch - it's what is binding.    Lower corner, furthest from the pin hole location. 

See the square corners on these Armalite pieces here?:

59a7a066c5098_Armaliteboltcatches.jpg.b05f1a6f883b3bbd7409f2f00f89e5f5.jpg

You'll need to knock that 90* corner off, and make it into something like this here:

59a7a0b0c54e5_LR308boltcatch.jpg.345759d50a5606e43f7ad1e5a977d121.jpg

I was wondering about that when I looked at a regular AR15 one. Damn armalite ;)