• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BUSHMASTER MOE 308 Mid-Length

imschur

This top quality Bushmaster .308 Mid-Length gas system Carbine brings reliable Bushmaster performance with exceptional ergonomics through Magpul Original Equipment. Key enhancements include the MOE collapsible stock, pistol grip, polymer hand guard, MBUS rear flip sight and PMAG. The premium 16" Hvy Profile Barrel is chrome lined in both Bore and Chamber to provide Bushmaster accuracy, durability and maintenance ease.

• .308      Win./7.62 NATO16” Hvy Profile Barrel
  • Receiver      Length Picatinny Optics Rail with Magpul MBUS Rear Flip Sight
  • Magpul      MOE Polymer Mid-Length Hand Guard Accepts MOE Rail Inserts (not included)
  • Magpul      MOE Adjustable Buttstock with Strong A-frame Design and Rubber Buttplate
  • Magpul      MOE Pistol Grip Accepts MIAD Storage Cores (not included)
  • MOE      enhanced trigger guards
  • Magpul      MOE Vertical Grip
  • Shipped      in a Lockable Hard Case with Operator’s Safety Manual, 20 Round Mag,      Yellow Safety Block and Black Web Sling
  • One      Year Bushmaster Warranty
  • (Available      with Black, Flat Dark Earth or OD Green Furniture

[table][tr][td]Caliber:[/td] [td].308 Win / 7.62 NATO[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Magazine Capacity:[/td] [td]20 Rounds[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Overall  Length:[/td] [td]34"[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Barrel Length:[/td] [td]16" [40.64 cm][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Rifling:[/td] [td]1 turn 10"[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Weight w/o  magazine:[/td] [td]6.1 lbs.[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Weight of empty magazine:[/td] [td]0.5 lbs. [/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Weight of loaded magazine:[/td] [td]1.5 lbs. [/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Mode of Operation:[/td] [td]Gas Operated/Semi-Automatic[/td][/tr][/table]

post-1-136297265927_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I still haven't even heard of where the "new" Bushmaster is relocating to, let alone when they'll start producing.  <dontknow> 

Windham Weaponry will probably be able to get you one of these before "Bushmaster" will.  Hate to say that, but all the tooling, machinery, and dies are still right there, in Windham, Maine, at the original location.  :-[

.They split it up between Remington facilities in Ilion NY and Madison NC.  They used to give tours at Ilion. I don't know how much of the operation they let you see though.....hafta check it out next time we head up to camp for a long weekend...maybe get them to dish out the real story...  ...........not likely

• 3 months later...

I picked one up Wednesday. Doing research on .308 ARs, I found this website that night. I haven't yet tried it out, because (thanks to this place) I already have some odds-n-ends on the way for it. I will say though, that I have completely taken it down, and have found nothing indicative of a half-assed manufacturing/assembly job.

post-1316-13629727016_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased my 308 ORC last week, I've fired a couple hundred rounds thru it with no issues.  I've since installed the magpul moe handguards, PWS30 muzzle/sup, vert grip, rubber butt cover, and a cheap red dot.  I did get a chance to fire my partners DPMS 308 and it had considerable more kick and muzzle jump.  I really like this rifle, I just wish Bushmaster would have installed a gas block with the picatinny rail--easy fix though.  I could easily fire this weapon ALL day without any fatigue or soreness on the shoulder.  Kick and muzzle rise is almost non-existent.

I wish I could provide more feedback, but the last weapon I fired with any consistency was my m16a2.  I'm really happy with the purchase.  Now I need/want a good 3 gun platform like the STAG model3.  Since retiring from the Army in July, I've slowly started filling my gun safe with stuff I've always wanted.  Check the block for a 308 AR platform.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Will the MOE handgaurd be able to use a bipod

I have been using a bi pod on my MOE ORC for years now.  I used the MOE slind swivel stud mount kit to mount a harris bipod to and used the sling mount on the gas block.

Glad to see bushmaster coming out with more models of AR308.  I put the MOE on my ORC back in 2011 right after purchasing the ORC, only change i havce made to her yet. great gun!

not the best pic but you can see the swivel stud on the MOE grip and the bipod removed:

photo7.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello all....new to the forum and looking for my first 308 AR.....can anyone tell me what kind of groups the Bushmaster MOE will give and will it work reliably with all standard 308 bullet weights including down to the 120-125 grain? Thanks

Reliability is good. Groups are a matter of the gun, ammunition, and shooter, but you should be reasonably able to assume 2 MOA with cheap ammo and a decent trigger man.

Thanks.....does the traditional fixed front sightpost on the Bushmaster cause any issues with mounting scopes?......my M4 while deployed had an Aimpoint CCO....some used an ACOG......but those were relatively small optics....less about length but for magnifying optics sight picture.....I'm also considering a piston gun like the SR-762.......the adjustable gas regulator I'm guessing that helps ensure a wider range of ammo/bullet weights will reliably function in the weapon....

Edited by fire4effect

• 4 weeks later...

Put 80rds through my new Bushy MOE Mid Length Monday ...100 percent reliability with 4 different ammo brands used and got a rough zero before the range closed.....still deciding on which ammo I'll ultimately use for that.....hope to send more downrange next week and tighten the groups and see what she'll really do. Definitely kicks more than 223/556.... :))