• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Requirements for ar15 Cali compliance

texas30cal

• 2 weeks later...

Things are starting to look pretty bad for us out here - the new bills are gaining a lot of momentum through legislature with LEO
exemptions added to quite a few of them to gain their endorsements - this stuff is gonna pretty well screw us law abiding citizens by                              restricting/neutering our choices of available firearms and availability of ammo - here is an example of the clueless mindset of the                                  lawmakers we are dealing with here:

Edited by guruofhotrod

23 hours ago, guruofhotrod said:

You would think that as an ex LEO he would be familiar with the difference between semi auto and full auto firearms
 consequently I don't feel there's much choice but to believe he's an outright liar deceiving both the legislature and the public!

http://asmdc.org/members/a64/about/biography

Just because he carried a badge doesn't make him smart about weapons.  Some are so ignorant about their own tools they shouldn't be allowed to carry any.

And if my suspicions are correct,  he is purposely misstating truth to further political ideology.

http://www.cityofmaywood.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=124&Itemid=70

Might need to evaluate the police department; they ain't all equal.  Apparently this one no longer exists, since 2010.  Might tell you something.  Wonder if they disbanded this one because the poorly trained "cops" didn't know the difference between auto and semi-auto?

This guy doesn't appear to be anything I would describe as a police officer.  Looks more like some kind of community activist/community organizer who made his mark by handing out other peoples' money to buy votes.  Hey, it's an even-numbered year, so I could be wrong.....:laffs:   But I doubt it.

14 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

Just because he carried a badge doesn't make him smart about weapons.  Some are so ignorant about their own tools they shouldn't be allowed to carry any.

Truth.

A majority of law enforcement get into the profession to serve their communities, not because they are "gun people".  When they join their local force they learn a basic competency for two (sometimes three) firearms:  their issue sidearm and a shotgun, with some agenceis allowing a rifle or carbine.

While not there for this incident, we had a church youth group doing a shooting activity at our range and their "range safety volunteers" were two police officers.  One was a training officer for a small PD in the northwest metro area.  For insurance purposes our range safety officers must be present, which is good because these clowns were trying to force-feed the wrong ammo into bolt-action rifles.

Had a student bring her retired cop neighbor's Glock 17 to the range so she could try it out.  A Glock.  A Glock that had been so neglected since his retirement that it would not feed nor fire, due to the gunkification (new technical term I just made up) of the lube he'd slathered on it years before.

And there's always the video of the cop grabbing a sawed off shotgun off a small doorway roof, sticking his finger in the barrel and then grabbing the other end by the trigger and blowing part of his hand off.

1 hour ago, planeflyer21 said:

Truth.

A majority of law enforcement get into the profession to serve their communities, not because they are "gun people".  When they join their local force they learn a basic competency for two (sometimes three) firearms:  their issue sidearm and a shotgun, with some agenceis allowing a rifle or carbine.

While not there for this incident, we had a church youth group doing a shooting activity at our range and their "range safety volunteers" were two police officers.  One was a training officer for a small PD in the northwest metro area.  For insurance purposes our range safety officers must be present, which is good because these clowns were trying to force-feed the wrong ammo into bolt-action rifles.

Had a student bring her retired cop neighbor's Glock 17 to the range so she could try it out.  A Glock.  A Glock that had been so neglected since his retirement that it would not feed nor fire, due to the gunkification (new technical term I just made up) of the lube he'd slathered on it years before.

And there's always the video of the cop grabbing a sawed off shotgun off a small doorway roof, sticking his finger in the barrel and then grabbing the other end by the trigger and blowing part of his hand off.

Who the fukk in there right mind just gives someone let alone a rookie their gun "to try out". maybe I'm reading this wrong but I read it as he wasn't present,  like "oh your going fishing tomorrow? Here use my poles". I let plenty of people shot my guns but there are like 3 people I'd let take any of my guns outta my presents 

2 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

Truth.

I bet that "lube" was wd40, or a very close relative of it. An old gunsmith (since passed) loved that crap, he made so much money from cleaning that wd40 residue out of hunters` stored firearms after they would use it....he never recommended using, just made a ton of work from making the weapons work again after storage for the off season. Those hunting idiots never could figure much of anything out....:evil::lmao:

1 hour ago, shepp said:

Who the fukk in there right mind just gives someone let alone a rookie their gun "to try out". maybe I'm reading this wrong but I read it as he wasn't present,  like "oh your going fishing tomorrow? Here use my poles". I let plenty of people shot my guns but there are like 3 people I'd let take any of my guns outta my presents 

That's pretty much how it went down.  She'd already taken our NRA Basic Pistol class, wanted some more range time.  He gave it to her and said "Try this out!"

10 minutes ago, bubbas4570 said:

I bet that "lube" was wd40, or a very close relative of it. An old gunsmith (since passed) loved that crap, he made so much money from cleaning that wd40 residue out of hunters` stored firearms after they would use it....he never recommended using, just made a ton of work from making the weapons work again after storage for the off season. Those hunting idiots never could figure much of anything out....:evil::lmao:

WD40s the shizzle!  And duct tape.

And bailing wire.

1 hour ago, planeflyer21 said:

That's pretty much how it went down.  She'd already taken our NRA Basic Pistol class, wanted some more range time.  He gave it to her and said "Try this out!"

WD40s the shizzle!  And duct tape.

And bailing wire.

That's crazy?! Plus it was a beat up basket case what a fukk

dont forget zip ties

• 6 months later...