• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Subsonic 308

Sisco

Went to the best kind of barbeque yesterday- where everybody brings their guns, and the host has a private range. One of the guests brough a Kimber 45 suppressed, and a Savage hog hunter bolt suppressed with a bunch of subsonic 308 ammo. Damn! I am still waiting for my 45 can, but I am going to start shopping for a 30 caliber can tomorrow! I fart louder then the noise that thing makes!

19 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Went to the best kind of barbeque yesterday- where everybody brings their guns, and the host has a private range. One of the guests brough a Kimber 45 suppressed, and a Savage hog hunter bolt suppressed with a bunch of subsonic 308 ammo. Damn! I am still waiting for my 45 can, but I am going to start shopping for a 30 caliber can tomorrow! I fart louder then the noise that thing makes!

300 Black Out......300 Black Out......300 Black Out......300 Black Out......300 Black Out......300 Black Out......300 Black Out......subtle enough?

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

300 Black Out......300 Black Out......300 Black Out......300 Black Out......300 Black Out......300 Black Out......300 Black Out......subtle enough?

Kinda thought that myself. Plenty of AR15 lowers and brass laying around, along with some H110 powder. What's not to like?

On 7/9/2017 at 2:00 PM, jtallen83 said:

I thought my mini14 was suddenly going subsonic till I changed my hearing aid batteries.  It seems like a toy, after shooting some FGMM 175 match in the 308 L.R.

11 hours ago, Sisco said:

We were doing that with a Savage 308 Bolt Action suppressed on Saturday, that is what got the itch started. Like I said, I can fart louder than that!

:thumbup:

Thought I'd scratch your itch a little Sisco :-)

FWIW if any of you guys are going to load for subsonic I can definitely recommend IMR Trail Boss, it's burns nice and clean but it's best quality is that it has a very high bulk density, like 10gr's nearly fills a 308 case, no chance of double charging or any of the other issues when using very small charges of other powders.

I've been using it for a while to load both 308 subs and my wife has a suppressed .243 Win bolt action, it works very well in that too.

A bit of info..........

http://www.imrpowder.com/PDF/Trail-Boss-data.pdf