• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

EAA Airventure 2017

shepp

B2 seriously the hardest aircraft to photograph, when its not banking its a sliver in the sky. B1b also gave me fits for some reason

this is the first time in my adult life going to EAA ive seen this many military aircraft, this is also the first time ive been too EAA in my adult life that Obama hasnt been in office. actually i stopped going because of that

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_0944.CR2.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1529-001.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

So, looking at the pic of the B17 (still a BAD ASS plane). I see that it's CAF, Commemorative Air Force. Are those the same guys that used to be the Confederate Air Force? And if so, did they finally bow to public pressure? I would hope not.....but nowadays....you never know.

Damn you gotta love all of those warbirds. I went to many of airshows in my area at Andrews AFB (now called Joint Base Andrews). And yes the stealth (B2) was always impressive. I remember it going by in what the announcer said was "normal mode". It sounded like a small personal jet. Then....he said they would do a fly-by in "semi-stealth mode". And that big bastard flew overhead and all you heard was a "Whoosh". Impressed the hell outta me. And that was the mid 90's when I first saw it. Imagine what they can do now.

USA Air Superiority. Let's all thank the Skunkworks (their own division), Lockheed, Grumman and Boeing for everything that they do. They make sure that we ROCK in the air.

5 hours ago, Rsquared said:

So, looking at the pic of the B17 (still a BAD ASS plane). I see that it's CAF, Commemorative Air Force. Are those the same guys that used to be the Confederate Air Force? And if so, did they finally bow to public pressure? I would hope not.....but nowadays....you never know.

Damn you gotta love all of those warbirds. I went to many of airshows in my area at Andrews AFB (now called Joint Base Andrews). And yes the stealth (B2) was always impressive. I remember it going by in what the announcer said was "normal mode". It sounded like a small personal jet. Then....he said they would do a fly-by in "semi-stealth mode". And that big bastard flew overhead and all you heard was a "Whoosh". Impressed the hell outta me. And that was the mid 90's when I first saw it. Imagine what they can do now.

USA Air Superiority. Let's all thank the Skunkworks (their own division), Lockheed, Grumman and Boeing for everything that they do. They make sure that we ROCK in the air.

Yea the CAF caved my dad commented on that a few times. Idk what mode the B2 was in but it was super quite. Those crazy bastards leave from MO two man crew fly to where ever (afaganistan) bomb the holy fuck outta them and fly back to MO none stop 44 hours (so said the guy on the pa)

IMG_0551

i forgot this little rat bastard, based outta madison flown by the air guard. Talk about not hearing them till they're on top of you, I get buzzed by them on one of the stores I work at up there. 

Wonderful pictures, of some wonderful aircraft!

FIFI looks as good or even better than  when I first saw her in Midland at CAF headquarters where I was a CAF Col. back in the 1980s thru 2005 when we moved to Lake Proctor full time. 

It is good to see her with "Doc"

I am glad you got to go to the Holy Grail of all air shows.  It is a life changing event!

Yeah, the Confederate Air Force changed it's name to 'yucky old Commemorative" ,  after it became a worldly organization, and more "politically correct" Yankee moneyed folks had the control of the board of directors. Money is the motivating force now.

Edited by mrmackc

58 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

Wonderful pictures, of some wonderful aircraft!

FIFI looks as good or even better than  when I first saw her in Midland at CAF headquarters where I was a CAF Col. back in the 1980s thru 2005 when we moved to Lake Proctor full time. 

It is good to see her with "Doc"

I am glad you got to go to the Holy Grail of all air shows.  It is a life changing event!

Yeah, the Confederate Air Force changed it's name to 'yucky old Commemorative" ,  after it became a worldly organization, and more "politically correct" Yankee moneyed folks had the control of the board of directors. Money is the motivating force now.

Thank you sir! I know I'm very spoiled to live only an hour and a half from the grounds. This is my 6-7th trip there for eaa, the first time as an adult I've gone with my dad. He and I clash a lot but this was a day I very much enjoyed with him.

Tonight I saw a post on this plane guy said that if you don't know about it do Some research so I did, it's an amazing piece of history. most its crew maybe gone but it will live on to tell their story, if it could only talk

http://www.warbirdsnews.com/warbird-restorations/c-47-all-brother-restoration-update.html

IMG_7869.JPG

Edited by shepp