• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from North Alabama

Steve L

Hello group,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I have been shooting my whole life and I enjoy target shooting. I have also been reloading pistol (9mm, 380 and 45) for about 15 years and rifle (223, 308 & 300 BLK) for about 2 years. I have been introduced to the AR platform a few years ago by a friend who has made me divert my precious allowance into building ARs. I paid him back by getting him hooked on reloading! I own a number of non-ARs rifles and quite a few handguns, I have built 3 ARs. My first was my learning rifle consisting of a Bushmaster Patrolman complete upper in 5.56 and I assembled the lower. My second was an Aero Precision M5 308 (upper/lower) which I built completely. My third was an Aero Precision 300 BLK pistol soon to be SBR. My attention is now focused on why my Aero M5 is flattening primers (even with factory ammo and adjustable gas block) and developing a good subsonic load for 300 BLK using a 150 gr bullet. That should be enough to get me started. I left a lot of specifics out but feel free to ask if you have any questions! 

Steve