• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Sewing Machine

beachmaster

So, I got a new sewing machine like... 6 months ago?

A singer 'Heavy Duty" or the equivalent in different plastic.

Well, shes gone tits up.

So I now wish that instead of spending over $300 on this "better" sewing machine, I would have spent the current $780 on the Sailrite that I just purchased.

Oddly similar to the gun industry eh?

Expect a sale next week to help me finish paying for the dang thing lol

Jacob, I will help offset the cost of the new machine you just bought.  If you can get me a sling in the next 2 weeks, before all these assheads invade my personal space again, I will pay extra, brother.  I need the same sling you made for me on the Pig Puncher.  This one:

PP Complete 4.jpg

PP Complete 5.jpg

For a rush order, if you can do it, I'll shoot you a hundred bucks right now, brother.  I need that same sling, in the worst way...  :laffs::thumbup:

8 hours ago, FreQRiDeR said:

Get yourself a Consew or Yuki walking-foot industrial machine. I got one a few years ago for $600 used.  table and motor. Sews through heavy leather/bags/canvas like butter. Anything else will eventually break sewing heavy slings/webbing like that. 

I think you meant Zuki, we use a lot of nylon webbing and treated canvas where I work (prospecting/small scale mining equipment) and have been using a Zuki machine for years with great success - very dependable machines:thumbup:

I almost got a Juki. I think that the Sailrite machine that I got will hold up great, but with that being said, when I get larger, I plan to have a straight stitch and a zig zag specific juki, as they are more powerful undoubtedly.

The issue is that the Jukis wont do both stitches, and right now I need that.

What is nice about the Sailrite is that it comes with advance maintenance instructions, and if you have problems with anything, tech support will not only walk you through how to fix it on the phone, but will also send you a video or link you to a youtube video demonstrating how to fix it, that is pretty awesome!

6 hours ago, beachmaster said:

I almost got a Juki. I think that the Sailrite machine that I got will hold up great, but with that being said, when I get larger, I plan to have a straight stitch and a zig zag specific juki, as they are more powerful undoubtedly.

The issue is that the Jukis wont do both stitches, and right now I need that.

What is nice about the Sailrite is that it comes with advance maintenance instructions, and if you have problems with anything, tech support will not only walk you through how to fix it on the phone, but will also send you a video or link you to a youtube video demonstrating how to fix it, that is pretty awesome!

Those Sailrite's look pretty sturdy!! I never heard of them before. I never even knew they made a portable, walking foot machine? I have 5 industrial sewing machines, a cutting table. Cutting machines, etc. all in storage because I don't have the room to set up shop where I live now. I was in the rag biz for over 30 years. Patternmaking/Production, I can sew/engineer pretty much anything that can be sewn. I even have a full Gerber computer Patternmaking/Grading system with plotter and digitizer. PM me if you need any advice. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:47 PM, FreQRiDeR said:

Those Sailrite's look pretty sturdy!! I never heard of them before. I never even knew they made a portable, walking foot machine? I have 5 industrial sewing machines, a cutting table. Cutting machines, etc. all in storage because I don't have the room to set up shop where I live now. I was in the rag biz for over 30 years. Patternmaking/Production, I can sew/engineer pretty much anything that can be sewn. I even have a full Gerber computer Patternmaking/Grading system with plotter and digitizer. PM me if you need any advice. 

Dude, you are awesome!!!

I will make sure to do that!

Sorry for the delay!!! Haha

Its so cool to see such a rich community here though, you guys are awesome