• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Springfield

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/01/springfield-armory-911/

A copy of the Kimber Micro, which was a copy of the SIG P238, which was a copy of the Colt Mustang, which was a development of the Colt Government .380, which was a reduced size version of the Colt M1911.

But its pretty, lol

Edited by blue109

I’m a big fan of the old Colt Mustang. Both the original design, and the newer design. My wife fell in love with the Sig version, so I bought her the “scorpion“ model. It came in FDE with G10 grips. 

The Mustang is extremely easy to carry, I just always hated that it was in .380… Not because I think the .380 is anemic, but because I get free 9MM From my department and it’s generally cheaper to buy in the stores.

My wife buys holsters for her gun like most women buy shoes. She has three or four different variations, in both leather and Kydex. 

Despite how much I liked it, I think I still prefer my Walther PPK/S more. They are identical in carry comfort, but I think the PPK/S just shot better.  Once you get past the 100 pound double action pull, the single action of the Walther was a lot better than the single action of the Mustang-type pistols. 

I've got a Sig P938 Extreme, just a hair bigger but 9mm. Some of the parts, like the trigger are interchangeable with the Mustang. Took three trips back to Sig to make it reliable but 1,000 rounds later and I have the confidence to carry it. It took half those rounds for me to figure out how to hit with it. My Father could shoot lights out with it from the get go so I knew it could be done. 

I'd like to wish Springfield luck on the new offering but can't, their political shenanigans last year put them on my do not buy list.

I just have to wonder how that discussion went in the boardroom.

"Well jim, last year our big hyped up release was an AR15. Apparently we missed the boat by 5 years on that cash cow so lets come up with something fresh and new for this year!"

"Dont worry boss....I have an idea.....its a copy of a copy of a copy of a 100+ year old design thats only ever been marginally popular, but we are going to put sweet grips on it"

"BRILLIANT!"

i carried the sig p238 for a few years it was very accurate but heavy in the ankle holster. i traded it and a glock 27 towrds the ruger precision rifle.. id be up for the perfect 10mm if the price comes down to sane $  they are asking 1700$ yikes

8 hours ago, blue109 said:

I just have to wonder how that discussion went in the boardroom.

"Well jim, last year our big hyped up release was an AR15. Apparently we missed the boat by 5 years on that cash cow so lets come up with something fresh and new for this year!"

"Dont worry boss....I have an idea.....its a copy of a copy of a copy of a 100+ year old design thats only ever been marginally popular, but we are going to put sweet grips on it"

"BRILLIANT!"

Hahahahahaha ha.