• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PA10 Spares

Hotwrench

I am a believer in having spares to keep a weapon running. So can anyone tell me whose BCG PSA uses for the PA10.  I understand the FCG is AR15 but if anyone knows about other spare parts that might be needed that would be appreciated. 

Put a simpler way, what breaks most on the rifles, other than of course the lack o tech department at PSA?

I don't know about the PSA in specific, but for BCG spares, always get a firing pin, gas rings, cam pin, ejector and extractor (and their parts), and a firing pin retaining pin.  Sometimes, you can get crazy, and get another gas key and it's bolts.  That's not too common, though.

bfoosh is pretty trusted here - I'd send him a DPMS-based BCG to compare to his PSA stuff, and mic it all out and post up the info.  That way we could find out the differences, if there are any.

Frankly, ordering another upper is a safe bet. That's what I did.

With that said.... PSA is constantly changing manufacturing vendors or parts.

With that said... I would buy a few of the bolt releases, a mag release, firing pins,  I have broken the barrel nut as well... it is 7075 aluminum.. ( JL Billet supplies those.... http://www.jlbillet.com/308-free-float-m-lok-handguards/ ) so a spare 30 dollar part can save you from buying a different FF tube, I believe the current producer of BCG's is Azumith Technology... but it is not sold to the public.... http://www.azimuthtechnology.com/

Remember what I said about various manufacturers.... well PSA really does run amok with parts, hiring all sorts of suppliers... I strongly suspect KAK was supposed to make the HP bolts and small diameter firing pin..... well since then, If no one has noticed... PSA has added to the 6.5CM upper description.. " Bolt Carrier Group Included: Yes, PA-10 BCG ... I have been told the the HP bolts and small diameter FP didn't work right.
KAK still has an identical HP .308 FP for sale... I bought one and it matches mine exactly.

I also suspect the various other small parts are from KAK as well.

https://www.kakindustry.com/lr-308-parts/kak-bcg-fire-pin-mag-hp 

Honestly... I don't think we will ever know who supplied all the parts... simply because PSA uses so many different suppliers for the same parts and they are manufactured to PSA's spec... so it might not even be on the manufacturers website... !?

I will try to investigate the BCG more.

1 hour ago, bfoosh006 said:

I will try to investigate the BCG more.

If you want to match up dimensions from DPMS-based to the PSA stuff - just to get numbers, and differences - I can send you a Fulton Armory BCG to measure out.  Lemme know if you want to.  There's no timeframe limitation, as long as I get it back...   :laffs:

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

If you want to match up dimensions from DPMS-based to the PSA stuff - just to get numbers, and differences - I can send you a Fulton Armory BCG to measure out.  Lemme know if you want to.

Somewhere there is a thread with lots of different BCG measurements, I posted D. Wilson's NiB DPMS version, an ArmaLite, and a Fulton Armory. SS posted measurements as well. Can't remember what the thread was called though........

44 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Somewhere there is a thread with lots of different BCG measurements, I posted D. Wilson's NiB DPMS version, an ArmaLite, and a Fulton Armory. SS posted measurements as well. Can't remember what the thread was called though........

I remember that , but not sure where its at , it should be pinned .

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

I found this thread concerning "Buffers, receiver extensions, stocks, and springs"....

https://forum.308ar.com/topic/10133-buffers-receiver-extensions-stocks-and-springs/

Thanks bfoosh006, I should have thought of that.  Can you help assemble information for a spreadsheet on interchangeable .308AR parts, BCG, receiver extensions, buffer, and springs as well as anything else you think would be useful. We could post a "dead copy" of it and I would be happy (my wife) to update it when requested. 

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

That's the one! If I were more computer savvy I'd fix up a spreadsheet for all that info.

Hotwrench found the other BCG dimensions thread...

I added my PSA Nib BCG dimensions to it... that thread should be a sticky as well... IMHO

https://forum.308ar.com/topic/14767-new-20-barrel-now-it-short-strokes/?page=2

1 hour ago, Hotwrench said:

Thanks bfoosh006, I should have thought of that.  Can you help assemble information for a spreadsheet on interchangeable .308AR parts, BCG, receiver extensions, buffer, and springs as well as anything else you think would be useful. We could post a "dead copy" of it and I would be happy (my wife) to update it when requested. 

Frankly, that would be a massive undertaking... PSA alone is constantly changing things.

It would need a LOT of time and focus ... and might just drive someone nuts, since there is no milspec for .308 AR's.

Kind of like "what parts from my Chevy fit on the Ford ?"

We all could try... but if you try.. go slow, you'll find posting such a thread , it needs to be very well thought out.

I would start with the 2 linked threads here.... the "Buffer system" one and the "BCG dimensions" one... be sure to ask permission prior to posting the authors results.

I still think those need to be a permanent post.

As the thread progresses... that consider adding other stuff.

And frankly, since whomever doom-ass messed up the "edit" feature... the 30min countdown makes adding info, IMHO,  a PITA... ( No Offense to the Mods and webpage, and I sadly agree with the 30mins solution... danged dipshot posters  )

I am curious if we could get others to help as well.

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

PA might be causing a lot of grief with lack of CS and a continuously evolving platform but you have to give them credit for bringing a bunch of people into the 308 AR world!

Fully agree, including the 9MM PCC world, and 6.5CM World... so Me included....
And they have outstanding bargains.... I just wish I didn't have to hop on that crazy ass merry go round, when there is an issue... LOl

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Boot_Scraper said:

Back to the spare parts subject, I bought this kit mostly for the improved extractor setup. Side effect, I now have spare parts for the bolt. Works flawlessly. 

DPMS bolt kit

I thought their improved Extractor set up had a Elastnomitor type Extractor Spring  ?

I try to get all my spare Bolt Components made by DPMS , they have worked fine for me & their Extractor fixed a FTE issue I had from another manufacturers Bolt .

9 hours ago, survivalshop said:

I thought their improved Extractor set up had a Elastnomitor type Extractor Spring  ?

I try to get all my spare Bolt Components made by DPMS , they have worked fine for me & their Extractor fixed a FTE issue I had from another manufacturers Bolt .

It does, Midway's product pic is outdated. I contacted DPMS and they said all the kits with that p/n ship with the elasto button and g2 extractor. My kit did in fact include the latest n greatest. 

Edited by Boot_Scraper