• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Can't catch a break

lilmidtown

So I got my armalite free float handgaurd in the mail today with the low profile gas block I was so excited until I realized I can't put it on because NY State pinned and welded the tip of my barrel and the washer that they decided to use is bigger then I can fit the gas block around so I'm out 250 unless I can find someone who can file it down 

you gotta add some picks to your posts bro even the forsale section.. you cant return the items ? adco does barrel work i hear im sure they could set you strait if you can ship the upper and parts to them? i dont have a link but someone will follow up..https://adcofirearms.com/products/gunsmithing/

Edited by sketch
good shits

13 minutes ago, sketch said:

you gotta add some picks to your posts bro even the forsale section.. you cant return the items ? adco does barrel work i hear im sure they could set you strait if you can ship the upper and parts to them? i dont have a link but someone will follow up..https://adcofirearms.com/products/gunsmithing/

I went to the gun shop and he told me the gunsmith he uses can file down around it and Install it for 130 but I already got almost 2500 Into it haha

The washer on your muzzle is called a crush washer. It’s a very soft steel and can be easily filed down to size. It’s silly that it’s even on there. Completely unnecessary. 

If you had a dremel, I’d say make small relief cuts on opposite ends of the crush washer, then break it off with pliers or channel locks. 

5 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

The washer on your muzzle is called a crush washer. It’s a very soft steel and can be easily filed down to size. It’s silly that it’s even on there. Completely unnecessary. 

If you had a dremel, I’d say make small relief cuts on opposite ends of the crush washer, then break it off with pliers or channel locks. 

If I happen to ruin any of the finish is there a product I can apply to protect from rust n such 

At this point, the simplest solution would be to sell the rifle and move to a free country. Then you could build/buy whatever you wanted. Oklahoma is nice.

In all seriousness, though, if I were in your position, I'd take it to a gunsmith (or send the upper off to one -- no FFL paperwork that way) and have them do the work. Based on your posts, it sounds like you're still learning. No one can fcuk a rifle up faster than a novice with a Dremel.

I mean that in the nicest way possible, as I, too (like all of us here), was once a novice. With a Dremel. And bastard files. And lots of crazy misconceptions about how shiite comes apart and goes together.

Edited by COBrien

Your photo's are fine & if you say its welded & pinned , I believe you , it just looks like its normally screwed on with a Crush washer & as Robo stated , why the Crush Washer if its pinned & welded , makes no sense unless they wanted to have a spacer for some reason .

Just use a Dremel tool or something to grind or File it to let the Gas Block Pass or take it to someone if you dont feel your ready to do something like that yet .

Edited by survivalshop