• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

semi auto conversion

Charlieboy

5 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Hi please can anyone help. I have an Armalite AR10T single shot rifle. Can my existing bolt be used if I go down the route of  Gas piston as opposed to a d.I system

Why do you want to do this. I have a Sig 716 piston rifle and a standard AR-10, hands down the Armalite is a more reliable, accurate, and pleasant to shoot rifle.

Edited by jtallen83

Its single shot for UK stringent gun laws. upon stripping down bolt it appears that the bolt carrier key has been ground off short and the three gas rings are missing. Bolt carrier looks the same. It might be easier to convert to Direct impingement route. links for best place armalite spares welcomed and any advice!!

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

Its single shot for UK stringent gun laws. upon stripping down bolt it appears that the bolt carrier key has been ground off short and the three gas rings are missing. Bolt carrier looks the same. It might be easier to convert to Direct impingement route. links for best place armalite spares welcomed and any advice!!

So what your saying is you’d like us to tell you how to make your rifle illegal in the UK,  IDTS. 

1 hour ago, shepp said:

So what your saying is you’d like us to tell you how to make your rifle illegal in the UK,  IDTS. 

No I am waiting for my green card . This single shot is a beaut was just thinking was it worth selling it in the UK and  buying new in the states or was it worth converting if it was easy I would bring it back to the states when I move over here permanently with the rest of my rifles.

3 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

No I am waiting for my green card . This single shot is a beaut was just thinking was it worth selling it in the UK and  buying new in the states or was it worth converting if it was easy I would bring it back to the states when I move over here permanently with the rest of my rifles.

Just sounds fishy sorry man, but can’t be to safe these days. Just going off the cuff but I bet trying to import it isn’t worth the hassle honestly