• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

A-TACS AU , it's not black........

jtallen83

Finished mocking up a build with A-TACS AU receivers and furniture. Dust cover won't stay closed so I have a Strike Industries FDE cover on order since they are adjustable, should match better than black anyway. This is my first build dealing with a delta ring, turns out none of my barrel nut wrenches will work so I am waiting on a magpul armorer's wrench so I can finish it off. D Wilson BCG, LaRue MBT trigger, 1-7 twist 16 inch barrel from JSE surplus, Magpul furniture, and DPMS receivers. Undecided on optics, red dot or one of my Bushnell 1-6.5's. Gotta see what Brother Jacob can do for a matching sling as well.

100_5706.thumb.JPG.4c9ae029baa6aec25328a8dfabb305b5.JPG100_5710.thumb.JPG.bf212c71a679597c3b2d04338b970183.JPG

39 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

That barrel, delta ring, FSGB and charging handle need some FDE lovin'

I'll do it, too - fo fwee.  Ship it, I paint it in Cerakote H-Series, and ship it right back.  I'll need the parts over a weekend.  :thumbup:

18 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I'll do it, too - fo fwee.  Ship it, I paint it in Cerakote H-Series, and ship it right back.  I'll need the parts over a weekend.  :thumbup:

I might just take you up on that Brother! :thumbup:Gotta make sure it shoots decent first, don't want to waste time on a dud. Who knows when I will get back to it but I'll give you a heads up for sure.

• 1 month later...

Got her assembled and did a quick break in while home this last time. No malfunctions and seems to be fairly accurate with irons, Matech rear BUIS. About 2 MOA which is as good as my eyes will do with anything. Hope to get a scope on it next time home and see if it is worth any further work. The ATACS finish seems to be pretty tender, acquired several scratches and bald high spots just from assembly and a range trip so not sure it would be worth any further enhancements to the finish.

IMG_0178.thumb.JPG.9fd508463a49eae0ffcb289011329559.JPG