• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Never ends haha

Ok so I bought an armalite ar10a so far I've put a free floated barrel with the armalite tactical handgaurd Magpul ACS stock  and a vortex crossfire 3-9 40mm scope. I want a new trigger in it but besides that I'm happy with it it's main purpose is deer hunting / battle rifle set up. I know the BCG is the heart of the rifle but would it really make much of a difference?

9 minutes ago, blue109 said:

Trigger/barrel are the heart and soul of a rifle. 

I agree with this whole heartedly :thumbup:

Trigger is a question of what your expectations are. I’m not sure this helps you but when I choose triggers for hunting I want a single stage light trigger. Battle rifles usually have a trigger that has a slightly heavier pull weight. 

In your other post about ammo selection you said you were going to be target shooting mostly, unless I confused this rifle for the one you described in the other post.

5 minutes ago, Malig8r said:

I agree with this whole heartedly :thumbup:

Trigger is a question of what your expectations are. I’m not sure this helps you but when I choose triggers for hunting I want a single stage light trigger. Battle rifles usually have a trigger that has a slightly heavier pull weight. 

In your other post about ammo selection you said you were going to be target shooting mostly, unless I confused this rifle for the one you described in the other post.

No same rifle  but yes I plan I'm shooting a lot .

This is my first AR and I haven't been hunting with it yet so I plan on getting in a bunch of range time with it I usually shoot 150 grain federal American whitetail ammo but thinking of going heavier with a 1-11 twist gonna try a bunch of different hunting ammo out at the range see how it shoots and go from there 

4 hours ago, lilmidtown said:

I know the BCG is the heart of the rifle but would it really make much of a difference?

If you are referring to stuff like nickel boron bcgs and stuff like that, with the limited amount of experience I have with them, they were easier to clean. Besides that I haven't seen much of a difference... again in my limited experience with them. And idk about you, but I don't get to shoot enough rounds to make it seem with an extra 50-100 bills for an easier clean.

As for trigger, first you have to decide if you want single state or two stage trigger. Most of the hunting rifles I have used have been with single stage. I myself am a fan of a two stage because I have found it easier to know where my breaking point is and have a better squeeze of the trigger with a better follow through. Might be different for you. I suggest getting two rifles side by side, one single stage and one two stage and dry fire them to see which you prefer without having to worry about the rest of the functioning of the rifles. 

How many rounds have you put through this rifle? As I mentioned in the Armalite National Match trigger thread which you also posted in, There is nothing wrong with the standard Armalite 2 stage trigger. I would give it 200-300 rounds before thinking about replacing it. If you want precision, then certainly upgrade to a Geissele or a LaRue, but unless you just hated it off the bat, give your stock trigger a thorough evaluation first. I intended to replace my AR10 standard rifle trigger with a GS-2, but I haven’t yet, because the standard trigger just works very well and gives good accuracy. So know what you have first, before making changes.

19 hours ago, Sisco said:

How many rounds have you put through this rifle? As I mentioned in the Armalite National Match trigger thread which you also posted in, There is nothing wrong with the standard Armalite 2 stage trigger. I would give it 200-300 rounds before thinking about replacing it. If you want precision, then certainly upgrade to a Geissele or a LaRue, but unless you just hated it off the bat, give your stock trigger a thorough evaluation first. I intended to replace my AR10 standard rifle trigger with a GS-2, but I haven’t yet, because the standard trigger just works very well and gives good accuracy. So know what you have first, before making changes.

I got about 200 rounds through it