• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Scratched my itch.

Sisco

Ice out finally happened last night! The public landing was open as of noon, So I launched at 1:30.A nasty east wind came up an hour later, but I did pick up a small coho and a skinny 22 inch Brown. Whatever, fish for dinner!

7A00CC0B-8A87-4529-BB09-B52680390071.jpeg

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

That's pretty damn cool.  I miss fishing, grew up doing it as a kid, and fished in Washington.  Haven't been fishing since 2004.

There are trout streams in the mountains aren’t there? Thought I saw somthing bout trout fishing when I came thru there last time? My aunt and I did the boat tour on saguaro lake there were guys fishing below the dam? 

Get out and fish damnit!!

i caught my only brown several years ago. it was a whopper for the stream it was caught in and it was so brown i had to check the regs pic to see if it was legal. Thats not a racist joke its a real fishing trip! and never happened again since the fire and the shut down of the river.. catch and release. 

1 hour ago, sketch said:

i caught my only brown several years ago. it was a whopper for the stream it was caught in and it was so brown i had to check the regs pic to see if it was legal. Thats not a racist joke its a real fishing trip! and never happened again since the fire and the shut down of the river.. catch and release. 

Those stream browns can get dark. Some have some really beautiful markings.

4 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That's pretty damn cool.  I miss fishing, grew up doing it as a kid, and fished in Washington.  Haven't been fishing since 2004.

Thats what I do to relax, fish or shoot. Just resigned all my officer and advisory positions in sporting organizations and government commissions. They were taking up so much time I didn’t have time to do either, and really wasn’t accomplishing any thing. I am supposed to be retired, what am I doing all this stuff for??

Went out today for four hours. Got four coho and a bit bigger brown trout. Good season so far.? Water temperature was 33.4 F yesterday and today. Had to break skim ice with the hull of the boat for the first quarter mile until we hit open water today.

Edited by Sisco

7 hours ago, Sisco said:

Went out today for four hours. Got four coho and a bit bigger brown trout. Good season so far.? Water temperature was 33.4 F yesterday and today. Had to break skim ice with the hull of the boat for the first quarter mile until we hit open water today.

The guide i went with outta Racine has need doing well on coho the past week or so, bet this cold snap f’d that

8 hours ago, Sisco said:

Went out today for four hours. Got four coho and a bit bigger brown trout. ?

2 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Going out tomorrow again.

You're filling the freezer already, brother!   :thumbup::hail:

13 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

yeah I had to light a fire in my wood burner again. supposed to be a high of mid 40s tomorrow

BBBRRRRR! The Sand bass (white) bass been running and Crappie are active on minnows and jigs channel cats are ok., water is around 67 ,69 degrees on my thermometer.

Edited by mrmackc

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Sisco said:

My other obsession

20180522_090454.jpg

20180522_091757.jpg

I like those b&b boxes for my smaller cranks like shad raps and flicker minnows 

these special mate boxes have all my bigger stuff, reef runners, husky jerks etc.

49B8A06C-A4B9-4CA8-8F9D-AA6B374776F8.jpeg

F3866559-2D70-4631-8789-7702FC4D8F0B.jpeg

9F5F9810-6A18-4FE1-9761-C9848FD54CD7.jpeg

Edited by shepp

• 4 months later...