• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

new here, but been around guns my whole life

cheap-bastidge

I have been around guns my entire life, but just joined here. Mostly I came here for the information and experience with the PSA PA10 platform that seems to be richer here than about anywhere else.

I just put together a PA10 recently, and have it up and running, but will likely have questions down the road. bfoosh assisted me with some buffer questions over on the PSA industry forum over at ar15.com and he seemed to have a pretty good grasp of the platform, so I figured it would be wise to come over here.

I had experience with rifles in my youth, but most of my adult life I focused on a variety of handguns, and reloading ammunition for those. It was only a couple of years ago I got back into rifles via Palmetto state armory. As you can guess from my screen name, I am not fond of spending large sums of money to put a rifle together, so I do my best to pull good performance from as little funding as I can. Now, that doesn't mean I can't appreciate quality when I see it, but at the same time, if you are diligent and put time into a project, you can turn out a very precise rifle on a budget. At least, that has been my experience with PSA products so far.

I used to have the opinion that the only rifles worth a darn for accuracy were of the bolt action variety, but my forays into ar-15 and PA-10 have changed that opinion. with the stuff on the market today, you can indeed obtain serious accuracy with a semi auto these days.