• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fuk Elon Musk

98Z5V

I'll ride the fence when it comes to Elon Musk. I mean, the guy can be a complete arrogant douchebag. Why? Because he's a billionaire. It's easy to be a self serving, high and mighty savior when you have the backing of BILLIONS of American greenbacks. It's easy to get lost within yourself and your ideas (ideals). After all, guys like this don't live in the same world that we do.

Now that being said. The guy is all about pushing boundaries. Even pushing the ideas of boundaries, forcing others into either thinking his way, adapting a similar approach, or coming up with their own "new" ideas on how to resolve engineering limitations. The guy is kind of a visionary. If you ever stop and watch some of his presentations. You'll see that he's one of those guys that has trouble just trying to put sentences together to get his thoughts across to the people that he's speaking to. He's literally thinking about a thousand miles an hour and in about a hundred different directions all at the same time. Whether it's talking about his solar energy ideas, his electric vehicles (all of them, not just cars), his hyperloop theories on transportation, to finally his goal for his SpaceX venture (the part I'm actually a big fan of). Any guy that gives the largest rocket ever built by humans a codename of "BFR" has definitely got a sense of humor. Anyway, These guys don't even think on the same plane that we do. True revolutionary (evolutionary) guys. From Sir Isaac Newton, to Eli Whitney, to Dr Richard Gatling (the gatling gun), to Henry Ford, to John Browing, to Neil DeGrasse Tyson (a physicist), to Steven Hawking (another physicist), to Gordon Moore (one of Intel's founders), to Steve Jobs (and I'm not an apple guy)..........you get the point. These type of guys don't even think the way that we do.

Now....can they be douchebags at some point? What human can't be? Most humans are.

I rode the fence with him, and all that money-smart bullshiit, until he got all butt-raped-hurt over his fucking submarine that wouldn't fucking stand a chance of working in that tight Thai cave environment - and he struck back by calling one of those hero diver-brainiacs a pedo.  Just to slam someone.

Fuk that douchebag.  I don't care how much money he has. I don't care how much tech he knows.  I don't care how much he thinks he can change the world - he's a weakass butthurt douche.

Hey, Elon, if you're reading this - you fucking suck.  You're a bitch-a$s baby that can't take it when you're wrong - because you think you can never be wrong.  Fuk you.

I HAD some respect for the guy, tech-super-hero kinda shiit. HAD. Yeah, he's fucking smart.  Yeah, he's got an assload of money.  Yeah - he launched his own fucking rocket...

And he burned all that down by getting his a$s hurt over his publicity-stunt fucking submarine that wouldn't work. But it's not that...

He fucking attacked one of the people that DID work to get those kids out, and arbitrarily tossed the guy as a pedo.

Musk is fucking WEAK.  He showed it right then.  Fuk that guy.  I don't care what he might accomplish in his life - he's a fucking piece of shiit.

Hadn't read any of that yet. Keep in mind, I'm a hermit. I only poke my head up above ground every couple of weeks or so. Being right on top of the political nonsense that IS Washington DC, I can only stomach so much "news" at any given time. I'll have to go read up on that.

Why does the media keep referring to these things as submarines? I find what Elon brought to the table as far as design/usability pretty poor, all that money,talent and manufacturing availability and he comes up with something that'a a giant leap backwards.  

DPV(diver propulsion  vehicles) or 'scooter' are not new or rare in cave diving.

Elon Musk's 'submarine'

19397248-e1531611873500.jpg?quality=70&s

Seems like a poor design especially compared to what's out there for thew last 10 years. The need for all that external weight? Compare the size to those below.

Scooters  currently being used as compared to above unit.

17639822379_7e1b0f4d3c_b.jpg

These scooter are more then capable of going the 2 KM there and back. Now if the use of scooters would be useful here I can't say but pretty sure if scooters would have worked the on site cave divers/rescue team would have access to scooters.Looking at some of the rescuers on site and their experience, if scooters could be used they would have been used,these scooters are not that uncommon.

Some of the brightest people, are also the dumbest. I believe he may have been genuine in his desire to help which is why he took the criticism harshly. I don't doubt there wasn't the thought of good press as well, but I believe he truly wanted to help. People tend to get pissy when you bad mouth what they believe was a good gesture. Sometimes they don't see how terrible their gesture really was. 

He didn't even listen to the divers that had already been all the way back there to the kids - taking in supplies.

At one point in that cave structure, the divers had to remove their tanks, just to squeeze through.  That damn sub wasn't making it back there.

But Ol' Elon didn't want to hear that.

Might it have helped deliver people or supplies to and from the choke point?  I don't know. I wasn't there. 

He's as asshat for calling the guy a pedo. His reaction to the criticism is extremely out of line. I don't argue any of that.  And yes, Fuk him for all that. 

Edited by DNP

That's my point, exactly.  He lost it when his design was criticized, and he went to false accusations, saying the guy was a pedo for disagreeing with him.  WAY overboard.

If the divers had to take their tanks off their backs to contort through one of those narrow passages, then that submarine wasn't gonna fit through that spot and get the job done.  He couldn't take that criticism...  and went full pedo-insult...

What a douche.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...