• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New to Forum

Cliff R

New member here from Ohio.  I've been at this sort of thing for a while but relatively new to AR-10's.  

I shot competitively on rifle and pistol teams when I was in the Military and spent 20 years as a small arms instructor during my time in service.

Avid hunter as well, and do a lot of shooting with AR Platforms in various calibers.  Thought I might be able to help out here and there......Cliff

Thanks guys.  I like my Min-Pins more than most people, they are great company, loyal, dedicated and unlike my wife I can lock them up in the trunk and come back in half an hour and they are glad to see me!....LOL

Started packing for our Colorado Elk hunting trip, the first thing I grabbed after putting my AR-10 into the case was a bottle of Booker's and put it in with my hunting clothes, need to keep the blood thinned out a bit at 10,000-12,000'........Cliff

Edited by Cliff R

Don't have an Armalite, but have three 308 AR variants.  I was scolded a bit on anther thread so from this point on I'll specifically identify them in discussions.

The first one I purchased/built was on an Alexandria Arms platform, despite a few lessons in humility trying to round up the correct parts it went pretty well.  There was a little bit of confusing and conflicting info on the NET and from the seller, but I sorted thru it, ended up with a few extra parts, and all is good.

I purchased a PSA upper and lower separately, and converted it from the 6 position stock to an A2 stock.  It has a light profile 14.7" barrel to keep weight down to a minimum.  More recently I traded for a DPMS 308, so ended up with three of them.......Cliff

2 hours ago, Cliff R said:

Don't have an Armalite, but have three 308 AR variants.  I was scolded a bit on anther thread so from this point on I'll specifically identify them in discussions.

The first one I purchased/built was on an Alexandria Arms platform, despite a few lessons in humility trying to round up the correct parts it went pretty well.  There was a little bit of confusing and conflicting info on the NET and from the seller, but I sorted thru it, ended up with a few extra parts, and all is good.

I purchased a PSA upper and lower separately, and converted it from the 6 position stock to an A2 stock.  It has a light profile 14.7" barrel to keep weight down to a minimum.  More recently I traded for a DPMS 308, so ended up with three of them.......Cliff

It is not meant to scold.  since there is no standard to large frame ARs, it is important to know exactly what variation someone has to be able to fix problems.  While you are not having problems, we try to keep everyone on the same page to not confuse people who are less knowledgeable that read the threads.

Yep, I found out about the compatibility issues and part interchange quickly, and ended up with two very nice and well performing rifles, 3 if you count the DPMS that I end up with in a trade.  For an out of the box rifle it shoots quite well with everything I've put thru it, and didn't require any trigger modifications/improvements, the pull and take up/creep is quite acceptable for that type of weapon.......Cliff

• 2 months later...