• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Xanthos build \m/

Boot_Scraper

Just ordered a Xanthos Lite 308 upper and lower set. Gonna cannibalize my Pa-10 and revisit that at a later date. Yes, the main goal of this build will be lightweight and compact. Planning on a Brigand Arms carbon weave handguard. I'm now on the lookout for sturdy yet light stock assembly. Before ya'll start busting my balls, I aint gonna be weighing take down pins in the kitchen and posting pics that include my crooked toes. I wanted to do a high end build so why not put it on a diet. I should follow suit.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Boot_Scraper said:

Before ya'll start busting my balls, I aint gonna be weighing take down pins in the kitchen and posting pics that include my crooked toes.

He's done his homework!!!    :lmao::thumbup::hail::banana:

Boot, you have our full faith and confidence, brother - you do with this one what you want.  We'll be here waiting, and watching, man.  Just get after it already...  

49 minutes ago, washguy said:

....don't put any pa 10 crap on it....please   :thumbup:    Wash

If he does, we'll be here in a few months trying to diagnose the "failures" he has...  after 5 pages of Q&A and damn-near waterboarding, we'll get the details from him, he spills his guts, and we find it all out.  5 minutes after that, we've got it all solved...  :lmao:

@washguy  The only PSA parts left on the pa10 are the upper/ lower recievers and the BCG. I do plan on using the BCG as it has the upgraded G2 extractor setup. It runs like a sewing machine. 

@Robocop1051 I'll be using the Faxon 16" pencil from the PA10. It shoots under 0.8 MOA and the headspace was GTG with the PA10 bolt. 

14 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

If he does, we'll be here in a few months trying to diagnose the "failures" he has...  after 5 pages of Q&A and damn-near waterboarding, we'll get the details from him, he spills his guts, and we find it all out.  5 minutes after that, we've got it all solved...  :lmao:

Boot   the bcg is one of the heavier pieces...and its pa10 too :bitchslap:.....this is where you save weight...throwdown on a lightweight BCG ....Dikstroker wont approve of a heavy azz BCG  :laffs:   Wash

3 hours ago, washguy said:

Boot   the bcg is one of the heavier pieces...and its pa10 too :bitchslap:.....this is where you save weight...throwdown on a lightweight BCG ....Dikstroker wont approve of a heavy azz BCG  :laffs:   Wash

Lol! 

Bunch a fuqqin enablers you'z are! 

I'll have to take a closer look at that. 

12 minutes ago, washguy said:

Boot   totally awesome!   Dikstroker would be proud of you...I know I am:banana:   Wash

Lol Wash! 

Been a while since I've been this excited about something.

Gonna try out that Elftmann Speed Safety, push button. Seems like it would work good for huntin.

Here's a slim jim I weighed just before i ate it. Totally irrelevant but warranted.

20181016_201742.thumb.jpg.75737990e3d9f44a19207dc87a51fc45.jpg

2 hours ago, Boot_Scraper said:

Gonna try out that Elftmann Speed Safety, push button. Seems like it would work good for huntin.

I have a few of those. They take a little bit of getting used to. I still have to visually look at my Safety when I use them... I don’t have the same kinestetic memory as I do with a standard selector. I still like them a lot, just not 100% comfortable yet.