• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Xanthos build \m/

Boot_Scraper

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

wtf is that hella gayass pistol grip!?!?

thats like getting a hot stripper, and she has a fat hairy mole on her titty!! I can’t even fuckin look at it. 

Hey man, some people like hairy titty moles. Different strokes for different folks. Guess you don't want to shoot it now....

6 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Ps. Call MidwestPX and see if they’ll make you a 5rd PMAG “stubby”. I got one years ago. It’s flush with the magwell. It’s my favorite magazine for bench shooting. 

I need one of those. Might try make my own. 

The 5rnd ASC mags arrived. On testing, they didn't seem to latch very well at all. In fact, with a little wiggle they fell out. Then I tried adjusting the mag catch spring and button. Didn't help. So I grabbed the needle nose and stuffed them up, towards the top in the mag-catch hole towards the feed lips. Gave them a little manipulative persuasion. That did the trick. The mags now lock in solid, and release perfectly. :thumbup:

@Robocop1051

Minor setback. When I went to torque up the barrel nut, it went to shtt. The Brigand handguard uses  a jam nut rather than a conventional barrel nut. It allows the handguard to be made with a decreased diameter. Long story-short, I used the wrong tool for the job, sweated the petty thing when I should have petted the sweaty thing, and fuct it up. On the bright side, I spoke to Brigand today and they hooked me up. Should be here this week. 

Edited by Boot_Scraper

1 hour ago, washguy said:

Boot      I dunno brother?   Sometimes a crescent wrench aint right for the job    :laffs: Should I let Dikstroker know whats up?:laffs:   Wash

LOL,that's coldblooded!

Lemme try to explain. So the jam nut I mentioned is the same size/pattern as a mil-spec 5.56 barrel nut. You read that right. 5.56. My dad bought some cheap azz multi-tool thingy-ma-jig off fleabay to swap out his HG. So I says to my self "Self, you can probably modify this to make it work." and it did work, but I've never been able to leave well enough alone.

Image result for double facepalm

308AR barrel nut spec is 30-60lb-ft. My gas tube opening was lined up perfect at 28.9lb-ft. Shoulda stopped there, but tried to make the next notch and the BS tool gave up and mangled up the jam nut. This time I am more prepared. Bought one of these. Very nice tool!

s-l1600.jpg

All is well that ends well Wash. The day we stop learning is the day we stop trying.

Edited by Boot_Scraper

boot  I see where this is going.....damn now its Dad's fault for getting it off of Ebay.....geeeez   :laffs:   and I might not have warned ya bout this lightweight crap....doesnt take much to turn it to crap...and once again do not tighten the MOFO down till it squeeks  :bitchslap:

Wash