• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gas and buffer tube PA10

SpairParts

6 minutes ago, SpairParts said:

I would have ordered that spring but it is listed as being 14 1/8 long.

Armalite spec shows the spring as being 13 3/4 long

So seems like that's the wrong spring?

That's a typo - DSG sells the real stuff, man.  They won't screw you on parts.  I've been shopping from them since 2010  - they are beyond legit. 

That's the part number you need - and they list the part number.  They won't fail you.

5 minutes ago, SpairParts said:

Ok Trusting ya. ORDERED!

If it comes in and you think it's screwed up for some reason - I'll give you my buy-back guarantee.  I'll buy it from you for what you paid, including what you had to pay for shipping - and shipping to me.  :thumbup:

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

If it comes in and you think it's screwed up for some reason - I'll give you my buy-back guarantee.  I'll buy it from you for what you paid, including what you had to pay for shipping - and shipping to me.  :thumbup:

Your kinda old and crazy to thinking imma sell my workable spare parts for the next build!

On 12/21/2018 at 1:25 PM, SpairParts said:

Ordered this https://www.luth-ar.com/product/buffer-tube-spring-assembly-kit-308/  Found it for $38 on sale at Primary arms and the Stock was also on sale for 35ish bucks.

Spring is probably wrong but damn i cant find the Armalite spring in stock that 98Z posted or one with the proper spec he listed either.

Tubb's Flat Wire Spring will work in both systems , yes Carbine or Rifle , DPMS or AR 10 , just an option if you can't find one . You would be surprised on how well they work .

13 hours ago, SpairParts said:

Your kinda old and crazy to thinking imma sell my workable spare parts for the next build!

I offer that buy-back not very often - it's usually for the guys that are on the fence.  Hey, I recommended it, and you don't like it - AND I had to talk you into it?  You think it sucks, and I'll give you your money back - when you send it to me.  That's just my word, man.  I know what works  - but if it didn't work for you, and I told you it would...  I stand behing what I said, and I don't want you to be out anywhere, on anything. 

I think I'm just stubborn...  :laffs:

1 hour ago, survivalshop said:

Tubb's Flat Wire Spring will work in both systems , yes Carbine or Rifle , DPMS or AR 10 , just an option if you can't find one . You would be surprised on how well they work .

That's the benefit of the Tubbs Flatwire - DPMS AND Armalite recoil systems...

The Armalite EA1095 spring works for rifle and carbine 308ARs, but you will coil bind it if you use it in that screwed up 7.000" receiver extension with that shortass 2.500" buffer - that is ALWAYS too light... Don't care what the coil-bind specs say, I've done it.  Bound one up, in that dumbass 7.000" experiment with the 2.500" shorty buffer.

If I ran a rifle receiver extension on a .308AR, I'd run the EA1095 spring. My $0.02.

Damn, I forgot - I have one .308AR with the rifle stock, and it DOES have the EA1095 spring in it...  

Set me back 8 bucks for it, too.  :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

Finally got the rest of my parts.

Luth-AR Rifle buffer tube measures 9-11/16 inside.

Luth-AR Rifle buffer weighs 5.39OZ. Scale probably off a little. Measures 5-3/16 long.

With the old buffer set up the felt rifle recoil was what i believe slightly less the a 5.56. Got to get the parts changed over and hopefully ill find out this weekend.

24 minutes ago, SpairParts said:

Luth-AR Rifle buffer weighs 5.39OZ. Scale probably off a little. Measures 5-3/16 long.

You're good with that.  :thumbup:

RIfle extension is good, too.

Edited by 98Z5V

Just got done putting 50 rounds through it ? FKN love shooting this gun!

Anyway the new gas tube and proper buffer set up seems to have cured the problem of the spent casings looking like they were hot loads for the most part.

They still do have a very slight shiny spot where the ejector pin rests against the case. With Federal 165G fusion rounds they are perfect looking.

Think i can still work on the adjustable gas block a little at the cases are ejecting at about 4 o'clock so i think its a little over gassed?

Recoil is slightly more i think but still pretty soft and NOTHING like my sons 450 Bushmaster. That fucker left my shoulder bruised after 10 rounds.

Thanks guys for helping to get this PA10 set up right!

IMG_20190104_131118871~2.jpg