• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hunting pics

Guest Belt Fed

That does suck shooter. Once when I was hunting with .243 win after breaking my collar bone, I shot a nice size buck and I know I hit him. He went down on his back. I had to reload because I had just shot a few other deer. When I got my gun up I saw him walking away and didn’t have a shot. I waited 30 minutes and then went to gut the other deer I had shot. After that I found the blood trail for the buck but due to the melting snow and it not being very thick I lost the trail and had to give up after searching for 2 hours

This rifle shoots those 125's real well. I have some hornady hunting ammo with a heavier bullets that I'll get this rifle sighted in with when I can find more. Only have about 5 rounds of the hornady hunting ammo left. I went through a lot of ammo trying to find a load my other barrel would shoot well. That barrel is sitting on the work bench now. This Wilson Combat barrel shoots great.

9 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

I need to find a place to push my .260 beyond 300 yards too. 

I might know of such a place - and NICE WORK, BROTHER!!!   :thumbup::hail:

1 hour ago, ARTrooper said:

I want to get some loads with nosler’s accubond longe range bullets because they are suppose to reliably expand even at 1300 fps

Those ABLRs are legit, man.  129s in a Grendel are supposed to be phenomenal.

He was out in the weather for 15days. Some days it was 60deg. Animals have been eating on him and he stunk real bad. Truly hate that he was not recovered in a timely fashion. I know now that when they just walk away instead of running away I need to look harder. I didn't think I missed him twice but he didn't act like I hit him. He just walked away. Any other deer I have shot either fell over or ran a ways.

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I might know of such a place - and NICE WORK, BROTHER!!!   :thumbup::hail:

Those ABLRs are legit, man.  129s in a Grendel are supposed to be phenomenal.

Yeah I love their regular 120 grain ballistic tips so I can’t wait to try the 129 ABLRs. Wonder if 260 could fit the 142s in and still be mag length.

16 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Yeah I love their regular 120 grain ballistic tips so I can’t wait to try the 129 ABLRs. Wonder if 260 could fit the 142s in and still be mag length.

Easily.  The 147 ELD-Ms I shoot are 1.440" with a 0.142" plastic tip.  The 142 ABLRs are 1.450".   Can be done, man.  :thumbup: