• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

WTB Daniel Defense 7.62 Lite Rail 12.0 DPMS

Josef

Hi Everyone.. being a total DUMB and cut down a daniel defense 7.62 rail from 12" to 9 (for god sake i didnt realized how hard to find they were)

so im looking for another one to buy, if you have any available please contact me! thanks alot.

I had a line on one two years ago - for a straight-across trade here.  That fell through.

You're looking for the balls of the unicorn, here, man.  You have to find the unicorn first, and hope the owner will sell just it's balls, only, single transaction.  Hate to break it down like that, but reality sucks.  At any rate...

WELCOME TO THE BOARD, HERE!!!  Hit the intro section, and tell us about yourself.  :thumbup:

i know guys...

i was "scammed" as long as the 12" rail i had bought didnt came with a barrel nut,

i was able to find THE LAST DPMS NUT ON THE INTERNET for as little as 96$ lol. At heavens gate, this unforgivable mistake will count as a sin........ i beheaded the unicorn........

18 hours ago, Josef said:

i know guys...

i was "scammed" as long as the 12" rail i had bought didnt came with a barrel nut,

i was able to find THE LAST DPMS NUT ON THE INTERNET for as little as 96$ lol. At heavens gate, this unforgivable mistake will count as a sin........ i beheaded the unicorn........

Hey, you gotta look at it this way - you're one of the very few that now own an exceptional rail, and that will compliment one badass AR.  That's almost like winning the lottery, right there!  :thumbup:

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Hey, you gotta look at it this way - you're one of the very few that now own an exceptional rail, and that will compliment one badass AR.  That's almost like winning the lottery, right there!  :thumbup:

Thanks.. but a sin its a sin XD

im quite happy what came out cutting it yes..

but im looking for another to mount it on a 20" m110 "clone" 

why is DD not making any new one? i tought this was a quite successfull piece.

2.jpg

On 4/10/2019 at 12:51 AM, Josef said:

Thanks.. but a sin its a sin XD

im quite happy what came out cutting it yes..

but im looking for another to mount it on a 20" m110 "clone" 

2.jpg

Looks like the unicorn died well and will be remembered always. nice looking rifle

• 2 weeks later...

I know how you feel.  About three years ago I posted a wanted to buy thread here for the 12.0.  Nothing and then six or seven months later "out of the blue" a member here contacts me and says he has one for sale.  It came with a DPMS nut but I bought an ArmaLite and RRA nut to be sure I had the platforms covered.  Right now, I'm sticking with ArmaLite but at the time I still had an LAR-8.  I'm looking at an M-LOK rail now but I know how hard it was to find this one so I'll be keeping it.  All I can suggest is be patient and keep at it and maybe one turns up.  They made more than a few of them and it's hard to believe that everyone would keep them sitting on the shelf with all the new super light weight M-LOK and Keymod rails that are flooding the market these days.  I wish Daniel Defense would do a sprint run of them for us dinosaurs sticking with quad rails.

• 1 month later...

On 4/10/2019 at 1:51 AM, Josef said:

My understanding is they made this rail for the COLT AR-10 (originally the rail was called the AR-10 Lite Rail) for the SCAR-Heavy program but I believe the GOVT went with the KAC M110 instead.

It was never a big seller for them and they finally decided to make there own 308 rile.

42934486164_3099a29138_o.jpg

28763470617_9509258123_o.jpg

47729136372_4b0fcd29fd_c.jpg

32649658848_eaab31fff1_c.jpg

• 1 month later...

So, I started this very same quest awhile back. Being extremely vigilant, I was able to source 2- One from a guy on a forum, and another from a now defunct gun store in FL. I won't tell you what I paid for them, but it was borderline obscene. The only reason I bought them was because I realized just how truly rare these rails are and they fit my 13.5" barrel perfectly. I sourced two, because I was going to do 2 uppers; one in 308, and one in 260. After about a year, I realized the only way I was going to get a mid gas, 13.5" precision 260 barrel was to pay big bucks. So, my interest has stalled a bit. I see others have an interest in these rails as well now, so for the right price or trade, I might be convinced to part with my second one which is BNIB and comes with all hardware and 2 barrel nuts- One for Armalite, and one for DPMS. I will say, I am a big fan of this rail, but I am known to be fickle. Convince me to let it go. If you're serious about it, text me at 623.3zero2.804two

20190704_154427.jpg

13 minutes ago, JohnnyBfromAZ said:

I sourced two, because I was going to do 2 uppers; one in 308, and one in 260. After about a year, I realized the only way I was going to get a mid gas, 13.5" precision 260 barrel was to pay big bucks. So, my interest has stalled a bit.

I wouldn't stop the quest, if I were you.  @ARTrooper built a 16" midlength .260 Rem recently - I think his barrel is finally to him, but haven't heard.  It would be easy to cut that down to 13.5", thread it, crown it, and change the gas port size.  I'm sure he'll get in here with the details.

McGowen.   I just added up their 14" custom barrel on this page of their website for $265 - it's an 8-week wait.  14" was the closest I could come to 13.5" that you need.  I'm sure, if you called them, they'd do it in 13.5".   I hit this part of their website to configure it:

http://mcgowenbarrel.com/shop/custom-ar-barrel/

Hmm, I will have to check into that. I used a McGowen barrel on Howa 1500 project in gunsmithing school, and I remember not being overly impressed. As I recall, it required a lot of lapping to remove toolmarks, but that was years ago. Maybe they've stepped their game up. Either way, $265 is chump change compared to some of the barrel makers I was looking at for the barrel

My 20" rifle gas Wilson Combat .260 barrel is ridiculous for accuracy, and the 6.5s don't lose much in barrel-shortening vs. velocity.  Amazing projectile. You can make "Mel Gibson Lethal Weapon" smilie faces on IPSC steel at 300 yards with this thing.  It's worth hanging in there just for the cartridge, and it's potential. I'm supersonic at 1500 yards on my load, on that 20" barrel.   :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Well better late than never. McGowen was great in answering my questions and getting back to me right away. I see no issues with my barrel and i hear if there are issues they will help out. It was the cheapest barrel i could find and these days, everyone has stepped up their game and technology increased to the point where basically any barrel should be shooting less than 2 moa. 

Unfortunetly i have not even shot the damn thing because i need glass on it and bowhunting has had my attention the past month.