• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Armalite AR-10 B Series. No longer popular?

Roadblock

Has everyone given up on the Armalite B pattern rifles?

I don't shoot 308 much anymore so I'd been trying to sell one off and as soon as people find out it won't work with Magpul mags, they are no longer interested.

I figured I'd have no issues selling one off to buy an EOTech EXPS3 setup and a Trijicon RMR setup for some other projects!

Maybe I'm asking too much? What is a standard AR-10 B with a factory cerakoted 18" stainless target match barrel worth, basic setup?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

Maybe I'm asking too much? What is a standard AR-10 B with a factory cerakoted 18" stainless target match barrel worth, basic setup?

Put it up in the for sale section here. I am always looking but don't find B models cheap enough to make me bite. Figure if I can build a rifle for less then I will since I have both types of mags, still love my B model though!

Another reason is no modern rails will work. it has to have the triangle shaped front. Both the rails and mags that work are triple priced. I have two mags for mine and would but more but not what they want for them. I checked on a rail for it when I first got it, seemed like it was over 400 bucks for one that would fit. they may have come down some now.

2 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

Another reason is no modern rails will work. it has to have the triangle shaped front.

What does "modern" mean? There are numerous choices at MI alone, same price as their DPMS style rails, some were on clearence sale recently. It isn't difficult to modify or change the triangle cap.

Yeah, it came with a factory Armalite quad rail that looks like a KAC rail. Unfortunately, I sold the factory rail and I'm finding out a lot of people WANTED the original rail. 😞

Currently set up like this, well I took the SOPMOD (dropped on the factory M4LE stock), scope mount and Bipod off and dropped the price to also not include any rail so whoever bought it can just track down the Armalite rail. Was even willing to pull the rail that's on it now so it's ready for the proper Armalite rail install, this one requires a special wrench. OH and I have the factory gas block too.

What is the current value of something like this as mentioned above?

45799057454_b23d44f958_c.jpg

I don't know, maybe I'll send out the barrel and have it cut to 16" and toss on a Law Tactical folder and make it more compact like my SCAR 17S setup. I had a 3-18x50 FFP scope on it was HUGE and I really don't shoot long range. Could be fun with Vortex Razor HD II-e 1-6x24 on it for running steel plate but I also need an EOTech setup for an AR I just built and I also just picked up a new GLOCK 19 Gen5 MOS that needs a Trijicon RM-06, too man projects, not enough money!

Edited by Roadblock

1 hour ago, Roadblock said:

Yeah, it came with a factory Armalite quad rail that looks like a KAC rail. Unfortunately, I sold the factory rail and I'm finding out a lot of people WANTED the original rail. 😞

Currently set up like this, well I took the SOPMOD (dropped on the factory M4LE stock), scope mount and Bipod off and dropped the price to also not include any rail so whoever bought it can just track down the Armalite rail. Was even willing to pull the rail that's on it now so it's ready for the proper Armalite rail install, this one requires a special wrench. OH and I have the factory gas block too.

What is the current value of something like this as mentioned above?

45799057454_b23d44f958_c.jpg

Holy FUK!  That's a Daniel Defense 12" rail on there. You can sell that gun for a pretty penny, just because of the rail that you swapped ONTO it.  I kid you not.

4 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

The rail actually has a small spot of damage on it that you can't even see unless you are looking at it, hence not including it in the price. It's fully functional though so I said I'd throw it in free or pull it off.

You need to put that rifle up for sale here, in our For Sale Section.  It will move.  :thumbup:

Read the rules first, and abide - just so there are no issues with your post... This gun will go...  :thumbup:

https://forum.308ar.com/forum/37-for-sale-or-trade/ 

$1300 is not too high for this rifle.  Not in the least.  No way near that.  Don't back down from that...   :thumbup:  If that rail was fixed (I know what the deal is with it, and it's an easy fix), that's a $1600 gun, all day long.  All. Day.  Long.

Let the nay-sayers tell me I'm crazy here.

Just the fact that someone is getting the MOST sought-after rail in AR-10/.308AR existence makes it a $2k gun, if the rail were perfect...   :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

Part of me wants to put an A2 fixed stock on it like the original prototype COLT AR-10 that that Armalite builts for the trials that the KAC M110 won. That's the same extra gas block that I have too. I replaced it with the Badger Mk12/Mk18 gas block though, I like the low profile M110 look better.

42934486164_3099a29138_o.jpg

28763470617_9509258123_o.jpg

Edited by Roadblock

19 hours ago, Roadblock said:

Part of me wants to put an A2 fixed stock on it like the original prototype COLT AR-10 that that Armalite builts for the trials that the KAC M110 won. That's the same extra gas block that I have too. I replaced it with the Badger Mk12/Mk18 gas block though, I like the low profile M110 look better.

42934486164_3099a29138_o.jpg

28763470617_9509258123_o.jpg

That fixed stock would look good on there, You have a nice looking rifle now. i'd shoot the heck out of it. but I hate getting rid of a gun.lol

The only reason I'm thinking of getting rid of it that I've got TOO many projects that are not complete. I need a tan EOTech Exps3/G33 for my Mk18 and an RMR for my GLOCK MOS and the girlfriend is bitching that I've got too many things going and they all need more money thrown at them!

That and I don't really shoot long range. I shoot indoors mainly and 308 is kinda wasted on that!

20 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

and an RMR for my GLOCK MOS

Have you considered something else, besides the cost of that RMR?  Yeah, yeah, I know...  RMR pattern is only RMR.  All the other sights are different.

Reason I asked that is for this:  Holosun 507C.  It's RMR patterned, and half the price, and battery/solar, and multi-reticle. 

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Reason I asked that is for this:  Holosun 507C.  It's RMR patterned, and half the price, and battery/solar, and multi-reticle. 

I got to handle one of those recently and was really impressed. I have a bit of astigmatism but generally higher end Red Dots are clearer and the Holosun was very crisp looking. 

31 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I got to handle one of those recently and was really impressed. I have a bit of astigmatism but generally higher end Red Dots are clearer and the Holosun was very crisp looking. 

It's a badass little red dot, in the RMR mounting pattern.  So far, NOBODY ELSE in the industry has made a mounting pattern for the RMR, only Trijicon, and their own dots.  Holosun are the first ones to break this mold. They'll sell a million, too... 

All those slides that you can only get with an RMR cut - have no fear. The Holosun is half the price (or more than), over the Trijicon RMR...   Mount 'em up, men. 

Edited by 98Z5V