• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Armalite AR-10 B Series. No longer popular?

Roadblock

The Holosun 507c would be a bit too bulky to fit into any of my Safariland or custom carry rigs. I'd have about 6 holsters I could not with that GLOCK.

I may consider one for another handgun though. Where are you guys finding them for half the price for an RMR? The cheapest I Can find them for is about $299, the Trijicon RMR RM-06 Type 2 is $430, less if you score one on sale.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Roadblock said:

Where are you guys finding them for half the price for an RMR? The cheapest I Can find them for is about $299, the Trijicon RMR RM-06 Type 2 is $430, less if you score one on sale.

Mine was $265 OTD from my Gun Pusher, and he owed me.  MAP is $299.99 on them.  You'll need to know someone to pull it for less than that.  MSRP on that Trijicon RMR RM-06 Type 2 is $699.  I don't know what the MAP is on them, and can't find anyone that lists it.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 7:09 PM, edgecrusher said:

Brother, if I had b platform stuff I’d be in all day long... funny how I haven’t seen @Rsquared in this thread yet 😈

I see what you're trying to do there. Fuker. :box1:

But seeing that I've already got 5 of them (2 SSASS), I don't think I need another one at this time. Beside's, I've already got enough projects of my own going on as it is.

I ended up just deciding to keep the thing.

I had another sale all set up after making this post. Local guy contacts me through a local board and said if I could hold it a week, he would take it. I spoke with him throughout the week and then messaged him the Thursday night before the Friday we were supposed to meet to confirm. He would have cash so we set up a time and all that.

Next day (Friday) rolls around, I left work to meet up with him and he was a no show. No show, no call, no text, wouldn't pick up for my calls or texts.

I guess the Gods are just telling me I should keep it!

Thinking about having the barrel sent out to be chopped to 16" and adding a Surefire 762 Warcomp and a Law Tactical folding stock adaptors. Think I'd rather do an ACSS 1-6x FFP LPVO this time around, the 3-18x50 FFP was a bit much. Would make a nice battle rifle setup with the 1-6x!

47775062561_ab13cce3c9_c.jpg

Edited by Roadblock

22 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

I ended up just deciding to keep the thing.

I would keep it, if I was in your shoes - no way would I get rid of that rifle.  And no way would I chop that barrel - that thing in damn near perfection, just as it is, man.  

That is one hell of a great rifle, just like that.  :thumbup::hail:

6 hours ago, Roadblock said:

Thinking about having the barrel sent out to be chopped to 16" and adding a Surefire 762 Warcomp and a Law Tactical folding stock adaptors.

Odds are it will be cheaper and easier to just get another barrel/bolt set and keep the original, Armalite sells their barrels cheap enough just get yourself on the notifications list for the barrel you want.

https://www.armalite.com/product-category/ar-10-parts-accessories/barrels-2/

7 hours ago, Roadblock said:

Think I'd rather do an ACSS 1-6x FFP LPVO this time around, the 3-18x50 FFP was a bit much. Would make a nice battle rifle setup with the 1-6x!

It makes for a good closer-range/heavy cover hunting rig too.  FYI PA recently released a 1-8x version that's the same weight as the 1-6x.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-1-8x-rifle-scope-illuminated-acss-reticle

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 7:51 AM, jtallen83 said:

Odds are it will be cheaper and easier to just get another barrel/bolt set and keep the original, Armalite sells their barrels cheap enough just get yourself on the notifications list for the barrel you want.

https://www.armalite.com/product-category/ar-10-parts-accessories/barrels-2/

Armalite does not offer a 16" rifle length stainless match grade barrel! 🙂

On 5/5/2019 at 8:23 AM, EugeneStoner said:

It makes for a good closer-range/heavy cover hunting rig too.  FYI PA recently released a 1-8x version that's the same weight as the 1-6x.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-1-8x-rifle-scope-illuminated-acss-reticle

Had that, sold it. I can't stand the fact that the reticle does not get smaller on 1x. I would be all over it if it was FFP. They only offer the 1-6 in FFP at that price point.

On 5/22/2019 at 11:16 AM, Roadblock said:

Had that, sold it. I can't stand the fact that the reticle does not get smaller on 1x. I would be all over it if it was FFP. They only offer the 1-6 in FFP at that price point.

I missed the important detail that the 1-8x is SFP instead of FFP, thanks for pointing it out  I'm with you and will stick with the 1-6x.

On 5/23/2019 at 6:36 PM, EugeneStoner said:

I missed the important detail that the 1-8x is SFP instead of FFP, thanks for pointing it out  I'm with you and will stick with the 1-6x.

They DO make 1-8x that is FFP but those are like Vortex Razor HD II-e priced! 

7 hours ago, Roadblock said:

They DO make 1-8x that is FFP but those are like Vortex Razor HD II-e priced! 

Yeah, somebody's apparently willing to pay substantially more for the 1-8x FFP  instead of getting the 1-6x FFP but that extra 2x is not worth the big price difference to me. :thumbup:

That price difference isn't for FFP over SFP, on those particular 1~8 scopes.  That PA 1~8 FFP scope is one of their top-of-the-line scopes.  That price reflects that, not FFP over SFP, on that comparison.   :thumbup:

He is not wrong, the 1-6 that is $400 is like equal to the Vortex Strike Eagle series roughly. They are made in China if I remember correctly. The higher end $1000+ dollar 1-8's are Japanese made like the Vortex Razors but if I wanted to spend that kinda money, I'd get a Vortex I think.

I'm either going to get the 1-6 FFP or the 4-16x44 FFP and honestly, I'm leaning towards the 1-6 FFP and a 16" cut down. I also like the idea of the shorter DD 762 rail and the 13" barrel too.

I had the 3-18x50mm FFP ACSS but the thing was SO big and bulky.

Edited by Roadblock

15 hours ago, James BSeries said:

I need help fining Ar10 B Series upper  I just got a lower for free, I see why it was free there are not a one upper to be had. 

I will take any help.

See my post above this one.