• Visit Sportsmans Guide

6.5 Grendal Recipies

Cunuckgaucho

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loaded up 50 each with IMR 4064. Fire Forming at the minimum charge

Laddered the Hornady 129 SST and the Sierra 130 Tipped Game Kings. Crunch ! Those are long bullets at 1.3" and 1.4"".

The Hornady 120 ELDM is probably going to be my go to bullet. Did 35 at one weight and 5 each a tenth higher in the compressed range.

Also on the Sierra 120gr Spritzers were all at the starting weight for this powder.

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I've got my Valk and .308 178gr Hornady ELD-Xs ready to go, brother.  Sunday...   You still in?...

Hell yeah brother , I have a friend who is going to tag along. Going in the Air Force in 2 weeks.

Might bring a 6.8spc.

Do you have a Chrono ??

1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

And some 185s?

This is kinda load-development weekend, for those .308 loads I'm working up, so I don't want to waste those Juggernauts just yet, I think.  Hold on for my comment to Mike below, though...   :thumbup:

14 minutes ago, MikedaddyH said:

Hell yeah brother , I have a friend who is going to tag along. Going in the Air Force in 2 weeks.

Might bring a 6.8spc.

Do you have a Chrono ??

No, but JB Matt is probably coming down this weekend for this, and he has load development to do, too - and said he's bringing his chrono - along with Dirt Bike Tommy...   :banana:

@Armed Eye Doc, I'd risk half a box to get good chrono numbers on them, though, if this flushes out the way it's looking...  :hail:

Could be a stellar weekend...   :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

6 minutes ago, MikedaddyH said:

The sky should part ... The Sun will appear ! Don't want to drive my car out there. Going to pack light.

You can ride with me - we're taking the Dodge.  Hammer Fuckin Down...   :hail::banana:

What time?  I told JB Matt - and @Merle - somewhere between 9 and 10 at my place...  You tell me what time, Mike!!!   :laffs:

Sunday I was able to shoot the 6.5G loads, 3 of 4 projectiles were great. The shape of the 120gr Spritzers doesn't chamber well in the Grendel. Just above the neck of the case it hits the chamber wall. I only fired 2 of these bullets. The other 3 ran great and brass showed no signs of pressure. The converted 7.62x39 brass worked fantastic, it is a viable option ! Just load them light at the starting load charge for each powder, the cc volume is less than a standard Grendel case.

Edited by MikedaddyH

• 2 months later...