• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AERO PRECISION M5 LOWER

TeleStratMan

On 8/16/2019 at 8:30 PM, TeleStratMan said:

People who call Aero's M5 platform "AR-10s", I call those people "idiots".

You determined my shoe size for me because that's exactly what I did in this thread.

I've been called a lot worse than "idiot" so take a number.

I even posted a link in this thread that shows in PICTURES the Difference between Armalite and DPMS Large Frame AR Platform Upper Receivers.

I'll leave this Forum in the hands of all the PERFECT People who never use generic terms in any of their language.

Say hello to all the AR Police for me.

I agree with you, at times I mess up and call my M5 build a Ar-10 knowing that it isn't a AR 10 but an Lr-308/303 AR. I will admit I know more about the 1911, AR15, and old combloc and other older WW II firearm than I know about the AR-10/308 AR platforms. This is new to me and I am learning. I have heard them called AR10s for decades and now since building my 2nd 308 AR with the Aero Precision parts it has been a huge learning experience for me. 

Keep in  mind. We don't call out the misnaming of the different platforms just to be dicks or elitist's. We do it only to try and help newcomers to the platform, not to piss money away buying parts that will inevitably not fit their rifle.

With that in mind.....we also don't care if some rando guy comes on this site and wants to start mutha-fukin us about how we're all snobs. Or at least, not speaking for the rest around here.......... I don't give a fuk.

I'm one of the nicest, sweetest, easiest going people on this board (all right, you can put your barf bags away now), but you don't come on here as a newguy and start telling people how wrong/stupid they are without getting a teeny tiny bit of pushback. Do please feel free to take your marbles and run away home to those who think you know what the fuk you're talking about.

Terminology and context matter, this is a board primarily for 308ARs so being 'more' correct matters. 

Kinda like going on a 4x4 site talking about your Jeep and asking about parts/upgrades and getting upset when someone points out just cause you drive a 4x4 it's not automatically a Jeep

1 minute ago, DNP said:

Jeep, Willy’s, Landcruiser...whatever.  You would be pissed if you ordered parts for your Jeep and they were really for a Toyota....even though the website claimed super Uber-cool Jeep parts. 

I ran into that with my '83 Cherokee Chief WT, it ran an AMC 360, just cause Chrysler bought Jeep in '87 the Chrysler 360 parts are not interchangeable.  

6 hours ago, Lr-308FUn said:

I agree with you,

TeleStratMan post that a year and a half ago - after he tried to defend "generic terminology" to gun parts.  He wasn't happy when we branded "generic guitar parts" into telecasters, stratocasters, and whatever - for guitars.  I found a guitar on ebay that was a "stratocaster" - an obvious fake.  Does that make it legit?... He didn't think so.

FUn is just the beginning, if that's where you align yourself. 

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I'm one of the nicest, sweetest, easiest going people on this board (all right, you can put your barf bags away now), but you don't come on here as a newguy and start telling people how wrong/stupid they are without getting a teeny tiny bit of pushback. Do please feel free to take your marbles and run away home to those who think you know what the fuk you're talking about.

Very eloquent description, of the issue-at-hand.  I mean that.  You knocked that one out of the park.

We need to get you into the "loquacious" group.  We slam some of them, for being it - but you excelled at it, and need to earn some badges, or merits, or something - all the shiit that we don't offer here.  They kill it with the badges, merits, and all that, over on @Full30.com.  At any rate, you kicked that one's ass-holio...  :thumbup::hail::banana:

Ya did well - I mean that.  Don't take shiit from weinie-heads that come here and talk shiit - and you didn't.  But  I usually do that, argumentatively - but you sure did do it pleasantly...  I'm not usually that "well with the words," and just speak my mind.  It doesn't come out as well as you did it... 

Don't ever change you, man.  Keep doing what you're doing.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

I was just stating that we all make mistakes and that most of us have heard this platform called a AR-10 for decades and I can see how people get the incorrect terminology when it comes to this platform. I wasn't trying to start any disagreement. Just that we are all human, and its human nature if we hear something called something for a long duration of time it then becomes that object even though one might understand that their is a difference. 

I did also state that I am new to this platform, my gunsmithing was more in the 1911 and older firearms and shotguns and the AR-15 as well, but not the 308 AR/L-r308 or the AR-10. That is why I came to this forum about the AR-10/308 AR/LR-308 platforms to learn the correct way to do this any why their has been so many differences between my first build a few years ago compared to this one. I have been reading the heck out of all the postings I can on headspace, BCGs and buffer and springs when using the carbine buffer tube. I went with a few of the recommendations given by most on this forum and thank you so much for all your answers to my questions. 

Not everything in a fast car is a Mustang. Nor is it a Corvette, or Camaro - especially when you just got your ass kicked by a twin-turbo garage-built Supra...

But people come here, and try to find parts for that badass car - without telling us what car they have in the first place.  Fuk it, I'll tell them to strap the blow-off valve for the twin-turbo supra RIGHT ONTO that Chevy Volt, and it'll work like a CHAMP!

If they're not gonna take the time to know what they're even asking about - then be a dickhead about it.  I'll tell them whatever they want to hear.  

Doesn't mean it's the right information - but they weren't looking for anything else, that day - than what they wanted to hear...  Well, ALRIGHTY THEN!!!...  :thumbup::banana:

AR-10 is Armalite.  Only.  LR-308 is DPMS, only.  LAR-10 is what?  You tell me, because it's actually TWO things...

But, like sportcars - they're ALL .308ARs. 

The name of this place wasn't an accident, or after-thought.  It was intentional.  To capture ALL the 308 AR Platform rifles.  Not just the Mustangs, or Camaros, or AR-10s... 

What's the best aftermarket high-amp starter for my 1998 Mustang engine?  You give me an answer, then I tell you I bought it, and it doesn't fit, and I blame you - then tell you that is was a 1998 Camaro, and you gave me the wrong info.  Mustang, Camaro - they're both running a 5.0L engine, says both factories...  YOU screwed me on the info, you're at fault...

Not really, in REAL LAND...   But, that's what we face here.  Kinda weird, reading about it in car-terms, ain't it.  All that shiit is obvious,there, in Car World - but here, in Gun World...   Not so much.  Dumbasses call Mustangs Camaros and Corvettes - and they're too dumb to know the fucking difference, because that's what the part was labeled as from the seller that sold it to them.

...and we have to decipher all that bullshiit.  :thumbup::lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V