• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grendel stuff from Delta Team Tactical?

Ravenworks

Jesus...   Research the company, for fucks sake.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&ei=VoBPXeHhLs389APj_abwBg&q=Delta+Team+Tactical+reviews&oq=Delta+Team+Tactical+reviews&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0j0i22i30l3.2640.4105..4378...0.0..0.212.1344.0j7j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.byHM4dZry-I&ved=0ahUKEwjh5K_A5fnjAhVNPn0KHeO-CW4Q4dUDCAo&uact=5

Research the simlilarities too -  Delta Team Tactical = Davidson Defense.  Wonder if we've had any Davidson Defense problems recently here?  Yep, we have.  Even after warnings about the company.  Here.

https://forum.308ar.com/search/?q="Delta Team Tactical"

^^  Hit that.  Searching it out in the first place is easier, but...  We have you.

If you build a gun from the cheapest shiit you can find, it's gonna perform like the cheapest shiit you can ever imagine.  I'm not expecting you to buy a LaRue rifle - but don't bitch when your cheap shiit fails, doesn't work, you can't figure it out, etc.

That's when we meet most of these issues head-on...  

I have bought a few small things from them over the years. never a complete upper or lower. Haven't bought nothing in a while. main thing I bought from them was the 15 dollar ambi charging handle. bought one to see if it was any good, figured if it broke I haven't lost much. when it came in I was surprised it looked as good as the raptors I had. I've hunted with them and used them quite a bit. I have one on  every AR15 and a couple on the 308's. never has one failed. I think they quit selling them. I seen something with holes in it they sell now.

I never had a problem with them backordering things either. I bought a few muzzles devices too. most of the complaints I read was they would not send all the parts  to an order cause they were out of stock. an upper is kinda useless without a barrel. also read where they were false advertising stuff now. they may have changed hands since my last purchase.

On 8/10/2019 at 10:46 PM, 98Z5V said:

If you build a gun from the cheapest shiit you can find, it's gonna perform like the cheapest shiit you can ever imagine.  I'm not expecting you to buy a LaRue rifle - but don't bitch when your cheap shiit fails, doesn't work, you can't figure it out, etc.

That's when we meet most of these issues head-on...  

Hey the only reason I asked was the Areo upper.

As for cheap poop I learned a long time ago,so that doesn't happen around here.

I just bought 10, 80% lowers to build a few things that I  wouldn't care about if it got ran over by a farm tractor etc.

The guns would just reside on the peice of equipment for it's life span.

So,back to my question, a stripped Aero precision upper with a piece of shitz barrel coupled with a balance of parts I pick is their a problem for $169

Edited by Ravenworks

On 8/10/2019 at 10:46 PM, 98Z5V said:

Jesus...   Research the company, for fucks sake.

Searching it out in the first place is easier, but...  We have you.

Seriously ,if I wanted to Google search it I would have.

You know, maybe I wanted to hear from some folks on this forum.

Tom, you don't know me from Adam but you seem to love jumping on people's shitz and personally it doesn't bother me.

I understand it gets old explaining the same thing over and over,but in my case you weren't.

It's not my intention to insult you,so don't misconstrued what I am saying as defamatory,but how did you get that I was building a piece of shitz rifile when I asked about a stripped quality upper?

To be honest, I could have just drove down the street and bought 10 brand new Ruger MSR for $399 out the door.(more on that later)

I just spent $278 on a 5D tactical jig with tooling because I wanted to make sure the guy that designed it got my money rather that supporting a couple of ripoffs.

Next I went to https://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com/

and bought 10 of their 80% that are some of the best, it's pretty nice to have threaded pins and threaded adjustment pins. So there's another $435+.

Here's that important point, in today's society,how would it have looked if I walked in and bough those 10 Rugers?

So enough of being Debbie Downer

Here was how my day started ,I ran the sweeper then had to take a flipping 45 min sabbatical because I was to tired from the chemo.

Then a good friend of mine showed up that has been on my azz about getting out of the house.

I strapped on my Chemo machine and he took me to my  farm where I went shooting on my own range for the first time this year.

I have always surround myself with quality people that I feel its an honor and a privilege to know and it felt great to see 25 of them today.

My Centiron/Areo build got it's cherry popped,thing ran great on everything except IMI NATO 147gr, bolt wouldn't stay open.

56 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

That link was to complete uppers and not only Grendel.  This is for Grendel only without a BCG.

Thanks doc.

At least the Grendel barrels are coming down in price compared to a short few years back.

Bill Alexander had a home run with the platform,but at the time he came out with it everyone wanted a cheap throwaway MSR.

I scored a few of Ballistic advantage 16" barrels a couple of weeks ago for $88 shipped to my door a from Primary arms.

1 hour ago, Ravenworks said:

Seriously ,if I wanted to Google search it I would have.

You know, maybe I wanted to hear from some folks on this forum.

It's already been discussed here on the forum, and recently again, too - that company, under both its names, has cheap parts because they only buy BLEM parts from companies - then they pass that on to customers.

So, what blem are you gonna get?  Appearance blem?  Or is it going to be a functional blem? 

That company will also advertise something like "Aero Precision complete upper receiver!  Cheap!"   and the only Aero part in the whole upper receiver is the blem stripped receiver itself, that the company builds up with other cheap blem parts from other companies.

So.  Maybe suggesting you research the company - then providing you the links for this message board, and a Google search - maybe that wasn't such misguided information for you, now was it?

You can buy whatever junk you want.  Doesn't matter to me.  You didn't even read the links I left for you, or you would have learned that about that company...

Raven, the problem is that these guys (delta, Davidson, whatever name they are currently using) typically get blended parts but 9/10 it is a functional blem. I don’t think Tom was trying to insult or offend you. Trust me. It was more of a warning, in his warm fuzzy silver spotted way. I think personally Doc has given a safe inexpensive alternative for you. 

I didn't take Toms post personal if I did I wouldn't have replied.

I did 6 years in the corp and another 2 in the Army,believe me I understand what it's like to explain stuff over and over to ROCKS.

I come here because it's a close community and it's quiet compared to large forums where you spend a day reading the utter BS opinions of people that talk the talk

Ok enough

There are a few things I want to accomplish. I want to build a few farm guns cheaply.

More than likely I am probably going to buy ten spare BA 5.56 barrels the next time Primary arms has them on sale for $88.

I am also stocking up on spare parts in case we start having a national supply shortage

To be truthful I have all the MSR's I need so if anything I'm just bored.

21 hours ago, Ravenworks said:

I didn't take Toms post personal if I did I wouldn't have replied.

I did 6 years in the corp and another 2 in the Army,believe me I understand what it's like to explain stuff over and over to ROCKS.

I come here because it's a close community and it's quiet compared to large forums where you spend a day reading the utter BS opinions of people that talk the talk.

Ok enough

Oh, but you did.  You did take it personal.  And, you think that because others use my first name, that you think you're on that first-name basis with me.  You are not.  I've never met you, I don't know you.  I've never shot with you, nor hosted you in my house, nor have I traveled to meet you just because I had some time off work - and I missed hanging out with you, because our "other scheduled trips" just fell through, throughout the year, for whatever reasons between your life and my life.  Life gets hectic, and WE that do that, get that, and get together when the time allows us...

For the comment in the red. Just because there are close bonds here, formed through years and years of personal contact and friendships, that have been developed, with real friends, real name use, personal visits, and trips across this country - both ways, east and west - doesn't mean that someone can walk in here and just plop their ass on the couch in someone's living room and just make themselves at home.  You don't knock on my door, and I open it, and you walk in and tell me to get you a beer.  Others here CAN do that, and many of them can do that unannounced.  Show up, knock with no-notice, and yell at the top of their lungs, "Gimme a beer, BITCH!!!"  There are some here that are welcome to do that.  They'll get greeted with a holstered pistol, first, after I holster it, then a pants-down hug.  And I'll fetch them that beer that they demanded, too.  Second one is on them - they already know where my fridge is.

You are not in that crowd.  I don't know you, never met you, and don't show up at my house - though that invitation is completely understood, amongst a very small group of people here.  That group could be larger, and it gets larger every year, that time goes by - amongst all of us.  As of now, you are not that person.    For some reason, I can't understand how you came in here, plopped your ass down on the couch, and you can think you can address me by my first name.

You seem to think that you can take some liberties here that others take, just by being here.  "Barge your way in" or whatever you think.  It doesn't work that way.

I sincerely hope you get that.