• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide
MikedaddyH

Anyone Doing a 223W build.

223 Wylde ... Takes 223Rem and 556nato ammo. Kind of a best of both worlds barrel. Looking at a 1:7" twist or a 1:8" twist barrel.

Looking for input !

I have an 18 inch 223 Wylde from Armalite, 1:8 twist stainless, it shoots lights out with whatever I feed it. Best accuracy has been with 77 grain SMK's but any average quality 55 grain load will do one MOA. 

I've got 3 or 4 or them, Mike.  They deliver.  The Wylde chamber is the one to go after, and it's not gonna matter whether it's 7 or 8" twist.  Both the Mk12s are Wylde chamber, the 16" precision gun is Wylde chamber 8" twist, and I'm pretty sure there's another one in the pile, at least. 

Got an email from KMT yesterday, barrels are back in stock so I ordered one.  

I have a upper and lower and a 12" rail. Will need a BCG and a Buttstock setup.

6 hours ago, shrade said:

built one with a 16" BA  SPR with a Wylde chamber, Far more accurate than I will ever be! 

The BA SPR-Profile barrels are ALL BADASS.  That's my go-to barrel, in my go-to profile, from my go-to manufacturer.  I have  PILE of these things.  They all excel... 

Talked with KMT and it appears my order, "Fell through the cracks", he said the next batch is coming in within two weeks.

On 9/17/2019 at 12:06 AM, 98Z5V said:

I've got 3 or 4 or them, Mike.  They deliver.  The Wylde chamber is the one to go after, and it's not gonna matter whether it's 7 or 8" twist.  Both the Mk12s are Wylde chamber, the 16" precision gun is Wylde chamber 8" twist, and I'm pretty sure there's another one in the pile, at least. 

Do you have any barrel nut shims ??

Going to look this week at the LGS here.

3 minutes ago, MikedaddyH said:

Do you have any barrel nut shims ??

Plenty - we'll time that thing when you get here.  Don't worry bout finding any, I got 'em.  :thumbup:

19 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Plenty - we'll time that thing when you get here.  Don't worry bout finding any, I got 'em.  :thumbup:

Ok. Probably only need two. So close. Those shiny red fixtures just set this gun off ! Found a BCG in Ohio.