• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lee Quick Trim Dies

MikedaddyH

So I have been contemplating changing to this trimming setup for well.over a year. Finally got a trimmer and ordered some rifle dies for it. Going to do 223 , 308 & 10mm first , since I trim those the most. I plan on getting 6.5G and 224V next month. I have watched a few you tube videos on making the setup work better and will be playing with it next weekend. I have the manual set up and plan on getting the drill setup after I get my technique down. So far rotating the case 180°  is the only extra step I have done. Cases look really good !

55 minutes ago, MikedaddyH said:

So I have been contemplating changing to this trimming setup for well.over a year. Finally got a trimmer and ordered some rifle dies for it. Going to do 223 , 308 & 10mm first , since I trim those the most. I plan on getting 6.5G and 224V next month. I have watched a few you tube videos on making the setup work better and will be playing with it next weekend. I have the manual set up and plan on getting the drill setup after I get my technique down. So far rotating the case 180°  is the only extra step I have done. Cases look really good !

Pictures or it didn't happen Brother! You KNOW we are a visual bunch and have a hard time reading directions!:lmao:

I used the lee setup with drill motor adapter, with the cutter that chamfers and deburrs, in my progressive press, fast but when measured the cases were +/- quite a bit, don't remember exactly how much now but I wasn't impressed. This was for .44 before I adapted the Dillon RT 1200 to do the pistol length brass. For rifle the Dillon seems to give the most uniform results of anything I've used, but need to chamfer/ deburr afterwards.

On 10/22/2019 at 7:54 AM, Sisco said:

I mount them on my cordless drill. Can do 200 at a time easily that way.

I have been using the old lee setup for over a decade with a drill adapter. The one problem is the metal point which exits through the primer hole will wear and the cases length will shorten.

Ok so I have trimmed over 300 pieces of 10mmAuto brass. First off the hand trimmer works great for Inside and Outside champering. On cases that our less than trim length it's a breeze , it really shines now ! With cases that are from trim.length to Max length it works well but 50 to 100 cases is enough of a session. Cases with excessive trimming are a PITA. The power drill set-up is the way to go.. 

The outside champer starts about 2 hundredths above trim legth and makes a clean cut.

I think I will be getting two more quick trim  cutters , one rifle and one power drill setup.

Edited by MikedaddyH

• 3 weeks later...

Set up the 223Rem Trim Die.

Going to start with the 556 military brass. Then the odd ball manufacturers of brass. Followed by Winchester and Federal brass. Not going to do the Lake City Brass until I get it swagged.

Did one piece on brass and it looks good !

IMG_20191126_134005.jpg

Edited by MikedaddyH
PPU & PWC , Federal

Sized and trimmed 80 pieces of 556 brass the trim die ran them all between 1.750" and 1.758" the first try. Did 8 a little more after measuring them .

Set up the 6.5G sized and trimmed the dozen pieces I had. Those looked great also.

Edited by MikedaddyH

• 1 year later...