• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

98's Mk11 Mod 0

98Z5V

• 5 weeks later...

This load is LEGIT.  Damn. 

40.6 grains of Accurate 2495, one of Accurate's "Camp Perry powders" - that's legit.  CCI 200 primers in Nexus Match brass, Hornady 178gr ELD-X projectiles, 2.800 COL.  Rocking 2530 fps. Works.

Did the load development last weekend, shot for record today, and re-zero'd the scope.  Here's my final scope adjustment and where I'm leaving it. Little over 1/2" 3-round group.  I'm certain that I am the reason that 3rd one isn't touching the other two bugholes.  I love this load, and I've certainly got a use for this 8lbs of 2495 powder that I have...   :banana:

I love a good day shooting.  It beats a good day at work, every single time...

P1080448.JPG.243d6b59a56ca0065a3f667fc2b1e819.JPG

P1080449.thumb.JPG.98b5ca9f31ebea61e9c140d10f5de9e7.JPG

The MK11 Mod 0 is gonna give @Matt.Cross a run for his money this year...   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

For the record, this barrel is not "bedded" with Loc-TIte 609 - I just installed it, tightened the barrel nut. Also, this brand new Aero M5 upper was NOT lapped - I just installed the barrel into it, tightened the barrel nut.

That fancy shiit was not done to this upper, a few weeks ago when I bought/built it. 

So, is all that necessary?...  I don't think it's "necessary" to do.  Will it help?  It won't hurt...  but will it turn that last group into a sub 1/2" group for me?...   :popcorn:

Am I going to take it apart now, lap the upper, "bed" the receiver with 609 and find out?  Hell no, I'm not - it works... 

11 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

This load is LEGIT.  Damn. 

40.6 grains of Accurate 2495, one of Accurate's "Camp Perry powders" - that's legit.  CCI 200 primers in Nexus Match brass, Hornady 178gr ELD-X projectiles, 2.800 COL.  Rocking 2530 fps. Works.

Did the load development last weekend, shot for record today, and re-zero'd the scope.  Here's my final scope adjustment and where I'm leaving it. Little over 1/2" 3-round group.  I'm certain that I am the reason that 3rd one isn't touching the other two bugholes.  I love this load, and I've certainly got a use for this 8lbs of 2495 powder that I have...   :banana:

I love a good day shooting.  It beats a good day at work, every single time...

P1080448.JPG.243d6b59a56ca0065a3f667fc2b1e819.JPG

P1080449.thumb.JPG.98b5ca9f31ebea61e9c140d10f5de9e7.JPG

The MK11 Mod 0 is gonna give @Matt.Cross a run for his money this year...   :thumbup:

Excellent! The MA TEN is always complaining about how lonely it is at the top....

13 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

If I could just leave the 3C's alone, I'd be alot better. :thumbup:   Caffeine (Coffee), Copenhagen, and Coors Light...  Range Days just seem to bring them all out, together...   :bitchslap:

The Coors Light for sure brother! You really need to start drinking a decent beer!:hornet::lmao:

17 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

For the record, this barrel is not "bedded" with Loc-TIte 609 - I just installed it, tightened the barrel nut. Also, this brand new Aero M5 upper was NOT lapped - I just installed the barrel into it, tightened the barrel nut.

That fancy shiit was not done to this upper, a few weeks ago when I bought/built it. 

So, is all that necessary?...  I don't think it's "necessary" to do.  Will it help?  It won't hurt...  but will it turn that last group into a sub 1/2" group for me?...   :popcorn:

Am I going to take it apart now, lap the upper, "bed" the receiver with 609 and find out?  Hell no, I'm not - it works... 

I like the way you think brother 👍 I am the same way if it works.... 

14 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

Excellent! The MA TEN is always complaining about how lonely it is at the top....

Yeah, it;s lonely up there - until the .260 comes out, and the new King of crowned...  :hornet:  

10 hours ago, 392heminut said:

The Coors Light for sure brother! You really need to start drinking a decent beer.

2 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

FIFY

You bastards...   :thefinger: