• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

News of the day...

Matt.Cross

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

EC, you're starting your daughter too late!  Our daughter is now eight and has been shooting for half her life.  <thumbsup>

She now owns: Rossi .22/410 Combo, Ruger 10/22, Ruger SP101 .22, and a MAK90 in .223 with a proper stock set on it.

At four I told her Mom "We need to start her shooting."  That wasn't met with much enthusiasm.  We then saw a LITTLE kid riding a motorcycle through the neighborhood.  I said "We need to start shopping for her motorcycle, since she won't be shooting."

Suddenly there wasn't an objection to guns anymore.

Jon

My little fella is learning to speak. He will probably be ready for his first gun @ 4 yrs old. I have pictures of me when I was hardly knee high, proudly holding a gun I could barely keep the muzzle off the ground. It didn't hurt me to learn from the time I could walk, and it won't hurt my son either. Ammunition will remain inaccessible and in an unknown location for him, but he can spend plenty of time learning good habits and gun safety, when we're not shooting.

I've been doing that for 1/2 my son's life now.  He's 15, and pretty damn good with the ARs, very good with the 10/22, and he can muscle his way around with the .45 pistols.  The 12ga and .308 still whip his skinny ass, though...  <lmao>