• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you guys know about F&D Defense?

Robocop1051

https://www.foldar.com/frequently-asked-questions#qa13

Looks like FoldAR is the original designer of some of their products. It also looks like they got busted for being very naughty. 

I found this on FoldAR’s frequently asked questions...

Q13: Is the FoldAR platform the same as the F&D Defense XAR Invicta?

A: Yes and No! While FoldAR did invent, design, and manufacture F&D's XAR Invicta (FoldAR's Gen-1 product), many upgrades and design enhancements throughout the FoldAR platform have been incorporated since, making the FoldAR (Gen-2 product) a much higher quality and robust system than the XAR Invicta. At the same time we have brought the costs down substantially from the XAR Invicta production line.

We are the original inventors and patent holders for this amazing technology (US Patent Number 9,995,556). However, in late 2017, F&D was provided conditional licensing rights (by FoldAR's parent company) to the technology but F&D failed to meet its basic contractual obligations. This resulted in termination of the license. As a result of this experience, we realized that the only company who could bring this product to market correctly would be us, which led to the birth of the FoldAR brand. Coincidentally, the FoldAR parent company has been in the business of designing and manufacturing high-end AR’s for over a decade, so this venture is no new territory on the manufacturing side. 

FoldAR maintains exclusive ownership to all manufacturing equipment, processes, and intellectual property rights to produce the folding firearm products. As of January 15, 2018 F&D no longer had any rights to manufacture or sell the folding firearm whatsoever. Any continued sales by F&D beyond Jnauary 15, 2018 constituted patent infringement by F&D. With all rights and capabilities being in control of FoldAR, we are able to bring a higher level product to the market for a much lower price. And this will be our continuing objective and commitment to the consumer. 

On December 10, 2019 litigation relating to the folding AR between FoldAR and F&D concluded. F&D has been ordered -along with a substantial monetary award- to cease all its activities relating to the folding AR and to return a substantial amount of tooling, parts, and technical data to FoldAR. Coincidentally, F&D has permanently lost its Federal Firearms License as a result of seprate (but related) illegal activity with regards to the manufacture of firearms and is no longer allowed to manufacture or sell firearms.

I found this with a search.  It's on (shudders) arf.com 

Supposed to be from the owner of FoldAR who licensed manufacturing to F&D Defense.

Facts:
-On October 1, 2019 the ATF raided conducted an investigation of the F&D facilities in Seminole OK and discovered a cache of illegal machine guns.
-ATF revoked F&D's FFL.
-ATF forced F&D manager/member Brian Shirley to resign his position with F&D.

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

https://www.fddefense.com/rifles/fd308/

Look, they even have "The World's First ,338 Lapua Magnum AR Platform"

https://www.fddefense.com/rifles/fd338/

It must’ve been one hell of a rifle... lol. reading more on this company and I can see why they failed. 

to be honest, there’s only two semiautomatic .338LM rifles that are worth a damn. Bill Alexander makes one, and some dumb cop makes the other. 

On 2/10/2020 at 8:31 PM, 98Z5V said:

Want me to try to T&E one of those?...  

I’m going to have something very different for you to T&E soon. Just hold your britches. 

I just need to find an extra $1000 to complete it....

plus send you all this 500Blk stuff!!

and your shockwave. 

lol

9 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

I’m going to have something very different for you to T&E soon. Just hold your britches. 

I just need to find an extra $1000 to complete it....

plus send you all this 500Blk stuff!!

and your shockwave. 

lol

I'm not too worried about the Shockie, brother - whenever.  When you do send it, make sure it's to my work.  I don't want some dumbass delivery dipshiot dropping that on my front porch, only to change the entire life of a Porch Pirate overnight...   :lmao: