• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

First Build - Tell me what I'm doing wrong

mchljrdn

Hello,

I'm getting ready to order parts for my first AR-10 build.  I've done my share on the 15 platform but I'm a newbie on this one.  Let me know if you spot any problems or areas where there's a better choice.  

Receiver

Live Free Arms Set $189

Hand Guard

AERO PRECISION M5  $167

Stock

Battlelink Minimalist $50

Lower Receiver Kit

M5 308 Enhanced $90

Gas Block - Rifle

Seekins Adj Low Profile $56

BCG

Wilson Combat BCG $299

Trigger

Probably Timney, Geissele, or JP

Barrel

14 minutes ago, mchljrdn said:

BCG

Wilson Combat BCG $299

Trigger

Probably Timney, Geissele, or JP

Barrel

Just look to Toolcraft for a nitride BCG, maybe Brownells as well, good quality at a great price. Turn around and go to Wilson Combat for a barrel. LaRue MBT triggers are the schit, best AR trigger for the money out there.

3 hours ago, mchljrdn said:

Hello,

I'm getting ready to order parts for my first AR-10 build.  I've done my share on the 15 platform but I'm a newbie on this one.  Let me know if you spot any problems or areas where there's a better choice.  

Receiver

Live Free Arms Set $189

Hand Guard

AERO PRECISION M5  $167

Live Free Armory is DPMS-Low based.  Aero Presision is DPMS-High based.  The handguard rails and the upper receiver rails won't be on the same plane.  Options  - find a handguard for DPMS-Low profile, or get Aero M5 receivers.

If you're set on the Live Free set - get the set in hand, and measure yourself, always verify...  Get a handguard later, after the receiver set comes in...

1 minute ago, mchljrdn said:

Thanks - hadn't seen Toolcraft before.

ToolCraft makes the bulk of the BCGs for most those companies "that have their own BCGs," as well as the bulk of the BCGs for OEM full-rifle "manufacturers."  It's ToolCraft.  They make Brownell's BCGs, as well. 

44 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Live Free Armory is DPMS-Low based.  Aero Presision is DPMS-High based.  The handguard rails and the upper receiver rails won't be on the same plane.  Options  - find a handguard for DPMS-Low profile, or get Aero M5 receivers.

If you're set on the Live Free set - get the set in hand, and measure yourself, always verify...  Get a handguard later, after the receiver set comes in...

Thanks a bunch.  I didn't know that.

There's no way on this planet, under any circumstances, that I'd ever recommend doing business with that company. Never. 

Finding their reviews is an easy task.  Majority are shiit reviews for a shiit company.  66 complaints with the BBB?   How are they still in business...

https://www.bbb.org/us/ut/orem/profile/gun-dealers/deltateamtacticalcom-1166-22290621/complaints

Anyone out their can risk their money in DTT's "seconds and rejects" but I'll never advise doing business with them.  I'll advise just the opposite, no matter how few glowing reports there are about how badass those clowns are.  The negative far outweighs the positive.  That's a clue.

Ever read the reviews on those three companies?   I would definitely discourage everyone I know and come into contact with, to NOT do business with them.

Glad it worked out for you, though.

Edited by 98Z5V

13 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Ever read the reviews on those three companies?   I would definitely discourage everyone I know and come into contact with, to NOT do business with them.

Glad it worked out for you, though.

Ive bought a lot of parts at good pricing from Delta over the last year with not a single problemo....I dont dunno what they fukked you over on for you to get so negative on them....when they hose me like I said then ill stop buying from them. As for the seconds and reject comments on them I highly doubt that the drop in triggers are seconds...they are right up there with my G triggers for a heck of a lot less money.... :banana:  Wash

Believe what you want.  Buy what you want.  If you've never done the research on the company, then you wouldn't know that the only thing they buy is seconds, blems, and rejects.  That's all they do.

Check it, if you don't believe me:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=delta+team+tactical+reviews

98   there's nothing for me to check on...they have done fine by me....the SBA3 's and lpk's and drop in triggers are not seconds or rejects...so take your hard on up with them...get a grip.....lol    I think you should order some stuff from them....and chill out and eat a samwhich  ..lol   Wash

15 minutes ago, washguy said:

98   there's nothing for me to check on...they have done fine by me....the SBA3 's and lpk's and drop in triggers are not seconds or rejects...so take your hard on up with them...get a grip.....lol    I think you should order some stuff from them....and chill out and eat a samwhich  ..lol   Wash

What's wrong, Wash?  Why you mad at me?  Now I have a hard on over them (furthest thing from the truth), and I need to get a grip - on what?   I hate cheap parts (rejects, seconds, and blems) that a company peddles as perfect parts.  That's just me.  If you like that stuff - then drive one. I don't recommend that junk, but if you've been lucky so far- then good for you.  Everytime you recommend those parts from that company, I'll just post up another negative review of the company - just so the person that's "being advised" can make informed decision.

I think you need to figure out what's bothering you.  Try to find out, for yourself, what your beef is with me.  Keep your head in the sand if you want to.   Have a great night...  

Here's a review of Delta Team Tactical - not mine, but these are all OVER the web:

Check out what the BBB says -

https://www.bbb.org/us/ut/orem/profile/gun-dealers/deltateamtacticalcom-1166-22290621/complaints

Here's a review from a good msg board -

Delta Team Tactical Review

I've seen a few guys mention Delta Team since they had some good deals on side charging uppers. Below is a review that I wrote about them (as a company) and posted on another forum. I thought that I would re-post it here since there is still some questions about them.

Omega Mfg - https://www.omegamanufacturinginc.com/
Delta Team Tactical - https://www.deltateamtactical.com/
Davidson Defense - https://davidsondefense.com/

All three are the same company out of Utah. Don't ask me why they have three different names and web sties

They have some (apparent) really good deals which leaves a lot of people asking, Are they any good? and Who are they anyways?

I have placed a number of orders with them now and would like to help people who may have come across one of their sales and are wondering if they should take a chance and place that order.

When they first started out, the customer service was pretty bad which was probably due to under-staffing. They also had a lot of parts mis-labeled. This could have been them trying to be deceptive or it may have just been ignorance on the part of a new employee at a young company. More on this below.

Their customer service is actually getting pretty good now. I left a message with one of their customer service reps recently when their lines were busy. She called back within ten minutes. That never happens with any company I call so I was pretty impressed. The parts mix-ups are getting less frequent as well. Their selection is getting better and their shipping times are getting faster. It looks like they are getting their feet underneath them and are stepping up.

Here are some things that you should know though.

First: They buy surplus, blems and overstock then sell it cheap.

This can be good or bad.

The good
I have gotten some great deals on quality parts from them.

The bad
Some of the horror stories that I or my friends have had include:
They were selling stripped uppers at a really good price. My buddy bought a bunch. When they came in, they didn't quite look right. Upon closer inspection, he thinks they were air-soft uppers. Needless to say that they were enough off that you couldn't assemble them. It was a bit of a hassle to get them returned. Again, this may have been them trying to be deceptive, or they honestly may not have known the difference.

Another time they were selling name brand drop in triggers at a great price. While these were the actual name brand trigger, they were blems. Functionally they were fine, but the fact that they were blems wasn't made known to us. You could tell by looking at them though. A phone call to the trigger manufacture confirmed it. Delta Team was supposed sell them without using the manufactures name on the trigger or in the advertising.

I bought a bunch of their pistol kits at a steal of price. The kits included everything but the lower. All of them functioned flawlessly. However one of them had some pretty bad scratches on the finish of the handguard and you could see where they tried to hide them with a Sharpie. Another one had the handguard misaligned with the upper. The picatinny rails were about 3/32 of an inch off (not clocked correctly) from the upper to the hand-guard. It functioned well, but looked kind of bad.

Second: Their "kits" are just a bunch of overstock parts that they are trying to clear out.
What I mean is that they don't package a kit based on which parts work well together. After all, AR-15s are as interchangeable as LEGO's right

Those that build enough ARs know that not all parts work well together. I purchased one kit from them where the BUIS would physically not work with the hand guard. They were polymer sights and so they were a little thicker than aluminum ones. The hand guard was a wide diameter free float style and hit the bottom of the BUS mount. You simply could not use them together. I switched to a set of aluminum BUIS and they worked great, but obviously no one at their company tried to assemble one of those kits before selling them. That being said, most of the parts in the kit were obviously from Anderson and it was a great price for it.

Third They have their own "name brand" parts.
The jury is still out on these. I don't know who makes them, but would like to find out if anybody knows.

Conclusion You can build a good AR15 with their parts for well under $400. You just have to be willing to put up with some potential hassles and do a bit of quality control on your end. This may be enough to keep you from using them altogether (as some of my friends now), but I still use them. Like I said, you can build a good gun for under $400 and not everyone can afford $800+ for a rifle.

Here's what most of the reviews online look like -

updated 4-Davidson Defense (Delta Team Tactical Utah)

THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO BUT WARN OTHERS...AVOID THESE PEOPLE LIKE THE PLAGUE.
If you care to know why, read this too long of a post....or just trust me and go to another web seller...like Joebobs, Buds, Midway...anyone else but these guys.

I left my updates to this in here before finishing this rant review...

I ordered a KAK Blade kit by placing this into my online cart- https://davidsondefense.com/ar-15-kak-blade-pistol-arm-stabilizer-brace-complete-pistol-tube-kit-batf-approved/

I also ordered a CMMG 9mm buffer... this link https://davidsondefense.com/kak-industries-ar-15-9mm-carbine-buffer/

I also ordered other parts separately,

An upper with handguard, a 9mm Muzzle device and a Charging Handle.

Both of these orders were made on 8/16/2018 hours apart.

Six days later I still had not received an email confirming my order of the Buffer and the Kak Kit. HERE IS MY POSSIBLE FAULT AND FAILURE IS... I maybe probably accidentally deleted the email...because if I had not I might have saw this.... what THEY SAY I actually ordered...

It took them 6 days to ship this order...

Davidson Defense <tracking@shipstation.com>
Wed 8/22/2018, 7:21 AM

Thank you for your order from Davidson Defense 2.0! We wanted to let you know that your order was shipped via USPS, USPS Priority Mail on 8/22/2018. You can track your package at any time using the link below.

This shipment includes the following items:

1- Kak Blade
1- Rifle buffer kit

.. THIS ISNT WHAT I ORDERED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I got this email, I didnt read it. I just assumed it was right, because lets face it...who actually reads these, we all just skim them over...see the words..."SHIPPED" and say "COOL MY STUFF IS ON THE WAY!!!!!!"
I get the package and there is no 9mm buffer and it has a rifle tube with the Kak Blade? Not even a full rifle kit because the rifle buffer isnt in their either...I look at the packing list and see its completely not what I ordered... I check my e-mail and sure enough what I didn't order was there in black and white ????

I call them up and the Sales Rep tells me I ordered the wrong kit. No I didn't. It's clearly listed as a KAK kit and why would I choose to order things that I dont want at a higher cost? What they sent me wasnt a Kit anyway...It was a bunch of parts.

the KAK kit and the 9mm buffer cost Order Total $76.98

What I was charged was Order Total $77.98

Now the Sales rep tells me since I have the Rifle kit, I have to send it back ON MY DIME...or keep it and pay $9 more for the right tube... and they were sorry the buffer was not in the Kit...
He and I have a lengthy conversation about the Kak Blade, why I need it and he seems to understand what I am ordering has to go together..on the same firearm...
Its only $9 so I agree. Then a few days later I get AN EMAIL....they are sending me a BLEM tube kit for $9 more...

I now also check the status of my other order...
Its listed on the website as "on-hold" because the Charging Handle is on back order.
I call again and tell them to drop the CH off the order and ship the rest. They tell me it will be done by the end of the day.

it took them 5 days to ship this FIXED order

Mon 8/27/2018, 9:22 AM

item # 4139-2
WHICH ON THEIR WEBSITE CLEARLY SAYS WILL NOT WORK WITH THE KAK BLADE
I am now reading everything they send me. I immediately attempt to get a hold of them on the phone....but since their phone system just tells you they are all busy and cant answer the phone, I am forced to email them...
I get this email back the next day...

Customer Service <support@tacticalservices.freshdesk.com>
Tue 8/28/2018, 3:22 PM
Thank you for contacting us! We have received your inquiry, and a Customer Service Agent will respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible. Due to a huge influx of customer inquiries, it could be 5-6 days. Please be patient with us, and we will get back with you as soon as possible.

Your ticket id number is 164828. Please keep this number for your records for future reference.

I then get this...

Thu 8/30/2018, 9:41 AM

Thank you for your order from Davidson Defense! We wanted to let you know that your order (#20030494-R) was shipped via USPS, USPS First Class Mail on 8/30/2018. You can track your package at any time using the link below.

1- A blem pistol tube

Cool the Buffer is on the way!!

It has now taken them 8 days to ship this to me...

I look this tube up and see the website clearly says it doesnt work with the kak blade...and blem items cannot be returned.

I now get this back from Customer Service on the wrong tube being sent AGAIN...

Fri 8/31/2018, 1:17 PM
Hey John,

Sorry for the delayed response! We are working on catching up on emails right now. Also, sorry for the long email, I just want to make sure I understand.

So I do see the last call you had and he sent out that replacement 9mm buffer. Here is the tracking, just in case you didn't get it:

As far as the rest of the order, you ordered the KAK blade without the kit (4707) and this buffer tube kit 5201-5. You are correct that that buffer tube in this kit is for a carbine/adjust buttstock, so it does not work with the KAK blade:

Here is where I get confused. What item can you not return?

Also, just to clarify, 4134 is a pistol tube and will work with those KAK Blades but they are not the KAK Buffer Tubes. 4134 does not have any dimples in the tubes. Here are the links with the differences:
(If you already know all of this info, I apologize. I just don't want there to be confusion)

They are basically telling me it will work with the Kak Blade, it just doesnt have dimples...

GUESS WHAT... I get the tube on the same day and NO IT DOESNT FIT... Just like their web store says in the notes...THE KAK BLADE DOESNT FIT ON THIS TUBE.

I again send an email stating I was correct the tube is too large. I give them their item number which states this in the description. I also give them the item number on their website that says it will work with the kak blade...

this is what I get back...

Fri 8/31/2018, 1:24 PM
I thought I would send a separate email so it doesn't get confusing.

The best thing I can do for you is offer you a free ship code and you can order the pistol buffer tube that way. The only way you could get it cheaper would be to send it back to us on your dime and then I could give you in-store credit for that and you can reorder using the free ship code as well.

Here is that ship code, but let me know which would be best for you: FREESHIP123

They shipped me the wrong tube... TWICE... then tell me I have to BUY a new tube and ship the wrong tube back "on my dime" and they will happily ship the new tube for free...

Then I get a second email (since I sent another email complaining about being told to ship stuff back "on my dime")

Tue 9/4/2018, 2:18 PM
Hey John,

I just left you a voicemail. You might've been working or on vacation still. Just wanted to let you know that we should be able to get your first order out, 20030319. I contacted the shipping manager about it. I know you had split off that charging handle and they cancelled it and credited your account.

At this point, I would disregard the description and info for that pistol buffer tube. There is a lot of confusion as I am coming into this and I would be more than happy to send you a return label for that pistol buffer tube and refund you what you were charged as well. However, if we send you another pistol buffer tube or if you order one from us, it would not be the actual KAK Pistol Buffer Tube (that has dimples in it).

I keep pointing that out because I feel like that is where the confusion is. However, let me know if I am wrong. Also, if there is a better time when I can call you, let me know as well. I just want to help you get what you ordered!

Again, sorry for the confusion but thank you for being so patient with us, John!

So this tells me two things...
1- Customer Service has no idea we already talked and figured out the tube is in fact the wrong size
and
2- THEY STILL HAVE NOT DONE A DARN THING WITH THAT UPPER ORDER WHERE I CANCLED THE CHARGING HANDLE... ITS BEEN 18 DAYS SINCE I PLACED THE ORDER AND 5 DAYS SINCE WE CORRECTED THE ORDER ON THE PHONE...

So Look at my Order status on the website... NOW THE MUZZLE DEVICE IS ON BACK ORDER TOO...
I send another email... I tell them to DROP THE MUZZLE DEVICE AND PLEASE SHIP THE UPPER!

This is on 9-4-2018

I get No reply to this email at all... I guess they are done with me...LOL

12 days later I get the upper....

Sun 9/16/2018, 5:13 PM
We wanted to let you know that your order (#20030319) was delivered via USPS, according to the tracking information below:

This shipment included the following items:

1- Upper + Handguard set

Now I just have to worry about the Muzzle device.

I then get this email...4 days later...

Thu 9/20/2018, 9:05 AM

I apologize, it seems that the muzzle brake for your order is no longer available due to an inventory miscount. If you would like, I can cancel and refund your order for you.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

My reply was to please just cancel the order and refund my money.

I used the store credit I had with them and bought some cheap bullpoop that I figured they would have a ton of...cheap Chinese knock-off stuff... and I got exactly what I knew I was going to get...5 days later...cheap stuff you can buy on Ebay rolleyesedit.gif

Do not trust this company.

1- The reason they do not offer inventory status on their web page is ....THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY HAVE... You will not know how long it will take to get your stuff or even if they have your stuff for WEEKS AFTER YOU ORDER AND PAY FOR IT.

2- Their CS department doesn't keep accurate notes on their interactions with customers. This means you will have to tell the same story over and over...time and time again ... each call or email you have to send trying to get your money or proper item shipped.

3- It takes a week or more for them to do what they say they are going to do THAT SAME DAY. In two different conversations with CS, what they told me they were going to do was not done for a week. Major red flag!!!

4- They will not offer to compensate you for THEIR mistakes and THEIR FAILURES...why? Think about it. If a Company screws up so much, and they also compensated the customers, they would go broke. Companies that take PRIDE in their products and Services get it right the vast majority of times and if they do fail...THEY MAKE IT RIGHT BY COMPENSATING CUSTOMERS FOR THOSE FAILURES. Companies like JoeBobs, Midway, Buds... heck even, Primary Arms and PSA who are known for slow shipping and goofing up orders offers compensation to customers where their CS or Warehouse gets it wrong. I ordered a $300 upper from PSA and it came with the wrong barrel. I called their CS and guess what They shipped me free of charge a new barrel! They didn't even want the old one back...just keep it they said. They know they screw up from time to time, but they also value Customers, so they compensate customers when they fail them.

5- They have no way to monitor when things are not going as planned. My 3 item order went from..all items available and going to ship soon, to one item not available the entire order is held up...to now two items are not available..order is held up... to ok we will ship the one item we have, the other items will be shipped when we can...to oh we don't have those we didn't know that, we can't even get those anymore... The only way any of this was determined was because I pushed it. Without my constant calling and checking on my orders, nothing would have been done. Even after I did, stuff wasn't done.

This company isn't worth your time or effort. Do not waste your money here.

UPDATE#1- days later
The Rep sent a receiver extension tube that is too large for a KAK Blade to fit on. Keep in mind the entire conversation with him was that the tube they sent me was not a tube the Kak Blade can fit on...
Still no 9mm buffer... no word on when it will be shipped
Still no word on the second set of items I ordered before I realized how unorganized this company was.

When I call CS, I get a recording that says they are experiencing high call volume please use the website or call back. then it hangs up on you. I used the website and got an email back saying someone would get back to me in 3-5 days.

UPDATE #2- days later
The Customer Service rep said via an e-mail... we are sorry the new part doesn't work for you, just to pay to have it shipped back to us and then buy another item from us and we will toss in free shipping...
How sweet of them to allow me to pay for the shipping of an Item I didn't want didn't need and was charged for after I was lied to as to what the item was... and then to offer me the privilege to buy more from them and have it shipped for free...

Knowing also that the order I placed prior to all this crazy stuff..STILL HAS NOT SHIPPED...

I asked them to just find out why my order has not shipped, solve that and ship it out to me.

update #3
I got the 9mm buffer today. Its now like a month from the time I placed the first order.
I still have no word on the rest of the stuff.

update #4 OVER 1 MONTH SINCE THE FIRST ORDER--
Still not shipped, still no communication, now part of my order shows, OUT OF STOCK.
This recent change tells me one of several things is going on.
1- They take your money without knowing if they have the item you want.
2- They then look to see where they can buy your item for cheap and make some money
3- They will keep your money until they find a deal on your item
4- If you buy multiple things, they will not ship the things they have, they will wait until they have all the items. They will not hold the items they have for your order, they will give them to someone else, even if it then makes your sale short that item...oh well you just got to wait longer and longer and longer... So far all three items on my order have shown out of stock then back in stock and they refuse to ship items separately.

I have even offered to pay extra shipping. They will only allow STORE CREDIT...THEY REFUSED TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK.

Edited by 98Z5V

If you dont click that second quote, you'll miss this review - just stay informed, OP - research your parts, and your vendors.  :thumbup:

updated 4-Davidson Defense (Delta Team Tactical Utah)

THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO BUT WARN OTHERS...AVOID THESE PEOPLE LIKE THE PLAGUE.
If you care to know why, read this too long of a post....or just trust me and go to another web seller...like Joebobs, Buds, Midway...anyone else but these guys.

I left my updates to this in here before finishing this rant review...

I ordered a KAK Blade kit by placing this into my online cart- https://davidsondefense.com/ar-15-kak-blade-pistol-arm-stabilizer-brace-complete-pistol-tube-kit-batf-approved/

I also ordered a CMMG 9mm buffer... this link https://davidsondefense.com/kak-industries-ar-15-9mm-carbine-buffer/

I also ordered other parts separately,

An upper with handguard, a 9mm Muzzle device and a Charging Handle.

Both of these orders were made on 8/16/2018 hours apart.

Six days later I still had not received an email confirming my order of the Buffer and the Kak Kit. HERE IS MY POSSIBLE FAULT AND FAILURE IS... I maybe probably accidentally deleted the email...because if I had not I might have saw this.... what THEY SAY I actually ordered...

It took them 6 days to ship this order...

Wed 8/22/2018, 7:21 AM

Thank you for your order from Davidson Defense 2.0! We wanted to let you know that your order was shipped via USPS, USPS Priority Mail on 8/22/2018. You can track your package at any time using the link below.

1- Kak Blade
1- Rifle buffer kit

.. THIS ISNT WHAT I ORDERED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I got this email, I didnt read it. I just assumed it was right, because lets face it...who actually reads these, we all just skim them over...see the words..."SHIPPED" and say "COOL MY STUFF IS ON THE WAY!!!!!!"
I get the package and there is no 9mm buffer and it has a rifle tube with the Kak Blade? Not even a full rifle kit because the rifle buffer isnt in their either...I look at the packing list and see its completely not what I ordered... I check my e-mail and sure enough what I didn't order was there in black and white ????

I call them up and the Sales Rep tells me I ordered the wrong kit. No I didn't. It's clearly listed as a KAK kit and why would I choose to order things that I dont want at a higher cost? What they sent me wasnt a Kit anyway...It was a bunch of parts.

the KAK kit and the 9mm buffer cost Order Total $76.98

What I was charged was Order Total $77.98

Now the Sales rep tells me since I have the Rifle kit, I have to send it back ON MY DIME...or keep it and pay $9 more for the right tube... and they were sorry the buffer was not in the Kit...
He and I have a lengthy conversation about the Kak Blade, why I need it and he seems to understand what I am ordering has to go together..on the same firearm...
Its only $9 so I agree. Then a few days later I get AN EMAIL....they are sending me a BLEM tube kit for $9 more...

I now also check the status of my other order...
Its listed on the website as "on-hold" because the Charging Handle is on back order.
I call again and tell them to drop the CH off the order and ship the rest. They tell me it will be done by the end of the day.

it took them 5 days to ship this FIXED order

Mon 8/27/2018, 9:22 AM

item # 4139-2
WHICH ON THEIR WEBSITE CLEARLY SAYS WILL NOT WORK WITH THE KAK BLADE
I am now reading everything they send me. I immediately attempt to get a hold of them on the phone....but since their phone system just tells you they are all busy and cant answer the phone, I am forced to email them...
I get this email back the next day...

Tue 8/28/2018, 3:22 PM
Thank you for contacting us! We have received your inquiry, and a Customer Service Agent will respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible. Due to a huge influx of customer inquiries, it could be 5-6 days. Please be patient with us, and we will get back with you as soon as possible.

Your ticket id number is 164828. Please keep this number for your records for future reference.

I then get this...

Thu 8/30/2018, 9:41 AM

Thank you for your order from Davidson Defense! We wanted to let you know that your order (#20030494-R) was shipped via USPS, USPS First Class Mail on 8/30/2018. You can track your package at any time using the link below.

1- A blem pistol tube

Cool the Buffer is on the way!!

It has now taken them 8 days to ship this to me...

I look this tube up and see the website clearly says it doesnt work with the kak blade...and blem items cannot be returned.

I now get this back from Customer Service on the wrong tube being sent AGAIN...

Fri 8/31/2018, 1:17 PM
Hey John,

Sorry for the delayed response! We are working on catching up on emails right now. Also, sorry for the long email, I just want to make sure I understand.

So I do see the last call you had and he sent out that replacement 9mm buffer. Here is the tracking, just in case you didn't get it:

As far as the rest of the order, you ordered the KAK blade without the kit (4707) and this buffer tube kit 5201-5. You are correct that that buffer tube in this kit is for a carbine/adjust buttstock, so it does not work with the KAK blade:

Here is where I get confused. What item can you not return?

Also, just to clarify, 4134 is a pistol tube and will work with those KAK Blades but they are not the KAK Buffer Tubes. 4134 does not have any dimples in the tubes. Here are the links with the differences:
(If you already know all of this info, I apologize. I just don't want there to be confusion)

They are basically telling me it will work with the Kak Blade, it just doesnt have dimples...

GUESS WHAT... I get the tube on the same day and NO IT DOESNT FIT... Just like their web store says in the notes...THE KAK BLADE DOESNT FIT ON THIS TUBE.

I again send an email stating I was correct the tube is too large. I give them their item number which states this in the description. I also give them the item number on their website that says it will work with the kak blade...

this is what I get back...

Fri 8/31/2018, 1:24 PM
I thought I would send a separate email so it doesn't get confusing.

The best thing I can do for you is offer you a free ship code and you can order the pistol buffer tube that way. The only way you could get it cheaper would be to send it back to us on your dime and then I could give you in-store credit for that and you can reorder using the free ship code as well.

Here is that ship code, but let me know which would be best for you: FREESHIP123

They shipped me the wrong tube... TWICE... then tell me I have to BUY a new tube and ship the wrong tube back "on my dime" and they will happily ship the new tube for free...

Then I get a second email (since I sent another email complaining about being told to ship stuff back "on my dime")

Tue 9/4/2018, 2:18 PM
Hey John,

I just left you a voicemail. You might've been working or on vacation still. Just wanted to let you know that we should be able to get your first order out, 20030319. I contacted the shipping manager about it. I know you had split off that charging handle and they cancelled it and credited your account.

At this point, I would disregard the description and info for that pistol buffer tube. There is a lot of confusion as I am coming into this and I would be more than happy to send you a return label for that pistol buffer tube and refund you what you were charged as well. However, if we send you another pistol buffer tube or if you order one from us, it would not be the actual KAK Pistol Buffer Tube (that has dimples in it).

I keep pointing that out because I feel like that is where the confusion is. However, let me know if I am wrong. Also, if there is a better time when I can call you, let me know as well. I just want to help you get what you ordered!

Again, sorry for the confusion but thank you for being so patient with us, John!

So this tells me two things...
1- Customer Service has no idea we already talked and figured out the tube is in fact the wrong size
and
2- THEY STILL HAVE NOT DONE A DARN THING WITH THAT UPPER ORDER WHERE I CANCLED THE CHARGING HANDLE... ITS BEEN 18 DAYS SINCE I PLACED THE ORDER AND 5 DAYS SINCE WE CORRECTED THE ORDER ON THE PHONE...

So Look at my Order status on the website... NOW THE MUZZLE DEVICE IS ON BACK ORDER TOO...
I send another email... I tell them to DROP THE MUZZLE DEVICE AND PLEASE SHIP THE UPPER!

This is on 9-4-2018

I get No reply to this email at all... I guess they are done with me...LOL

12 days later I get the upper....

Sun 9/16/2018, 5:13 PM
We wanted to let you know that your order (#20030319) was delivered via USPS, according to the tracking information below:

This shipment included the following items:

1- Upper + Handguard set

Now I just have to worry about the Muzzle device.

I then get this email...4 days later...

Thu 9/20/2018, 9:05 AM

I apologize, it seems that the muzzle brake for your order is no longer available due to an inventory miscount. If you would like, I can cancel and refund your order for you.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

My reply was to please just cancel the order and refund my money.

I used the store credit I had with them and bought some cheap bullpoop that I figured they would have a ton of...cheap Chinese knock-off stuff... and I got exactly what I knew I was going to get...5 days later...cheap stuff you can buy on Ebay rolleyesedit.gif

Do not trust this company.

1- The reason they do not offer inventory status on their web page is ....THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY HAVE... You will not know how long it will take to get your stuff or even if they have your stuff for WEEKS AFTER YOU ORDER AND PAY FOR IT.

2- Their CS department doesn't keep accurate notes on their interactions with customers. This means you will have to tell the same story over and over...time and time again ... each call or email you have to send trying to get your money or proper item shipped.

3- It takes a week or more for them to do what they say they are going to do THAT SAME DAY. In two different conversations with CS, what they told me they were going to do was not done for a week. Major red flag!!!

4- They will not offer to compensate you for THEIR mistakes and THEIR FAILURES...why? Think about it. If a Company screws up so much, and they also compensated the customers, they would go broke. Companies that take PRIDE in their products and Services get it right the vast majority of times and if they do fail...THEY MAKE IT RIGHT BY COMPENSATING CUSTOMERS FOR THOSE FAILURES. Companies like JoeBobs, Midway, Buds... heck even, Primary Arms and PSA who are known for slow shipping and goofing up orders offers compensation to customers where their CS or Warehouse gets it wrong. I ordered a $300 upper from PSA and it came with the wrong barrel. I called their CS and guess what They shipped me free of charge a new barrel! They didn't even want the old one back...just keep it they said. They know they screw up from time to time, but they also value Customers, so they compensate customers when they fail them.

5- They have no way to monitor when things are not going as planned. My 3 item order went from..all items available and going to ship soon, to one item not available the entire order is held up...to now two items are not available..order is held up... to ok we will ship the one item we have, the other items will be shipped when we can...to oh we don't have those we didn't know that, we can't even get those anymore... The only way any of this was determined was because I pushed it. Without my constant calling and checking on my orders, nothing would have been done. Even after I did, stuff wasn't done.

This company isn't worth your time or effort. Do not waste your money here.

UPDATE#1- days later
The Rep sent a receiver extension tube that is too large for a KAK Blade to fit on. Keep in mind the entire conversation with him was that the tube they sent me was not a tube the Kak Blade can fit on...
Still no 9mm buffer... no word on when it will be shipped
Still no word on the second set of items I ordered before I realized how unorganized this company was.

When I call CS, I get a recording that says they are experiencing high call volume please use the website or call back. then it hangs up on you. I used the website and got an email back saying someone would get back to me in 3-5 days.

UPDATE #2- days later
The Customer Service rep said via an e-mail... we are sorry the new part doesn't work for you, just to pay to have it shipped back to us and then buy another item from us and we will toss in free shipping...
How sweet of them to allow me to pay for the shipping of an Item I didn't want didn't need and was charged for after I was lied to as to what the item was... and then to offer me the privilege to buy more from them and have it shipped for free...

Knowing also that the order I placed prior to all this crazy stuff..STILL HAS NOT SHIPPED...

I asked them to just find out why my order has not shipped, solve that and ship it out to me.

update #3
I got the 9mm buffer today. Its now like a month from the time I placed the first order.
I still have no word on the rest of the stuff.

update #4 OVER 1 MONTH SINCE THE FIRST ORDER--
Still not shipped, still no communication, now part of my order shows, OUT OF STOCK.
This recent change tells me one of several things is going on.
1- They take your money without knowing if they have the item you want.
2- They then look to see where they can buy your item for cheap and make some money
3- They will keep your money until they find a deal on your item
4- If you buy multiple things, they will not ship the things they have, they will wait until they have all the items. They will not hold the items they have for your order, they will give them to someone else, even if it then makes your sale short that item...oh well you just got to wait longer and longer and longer... So far all three items on my order have shown out of stock then back in stock and they refuse to ship items separately.

I have even offered to pay extra shipping. They will only allow STORE CREDIT...THEY REFUSED TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK.

No worst than a top tier company like Geissele taking your money then getting sent a notice that it would take 13 weeks for your order to ship.

I took the discount coupons I got from them at SHOT and threw them all in the trash.

Ordered my stuff from Primary arms and had it 2 days later.

I don't know if you realize it but you do come across as a dick towards a lot of people.

In real life me and you would probably get along fine,but here not so much.

1 hour ago, Ravenworks said:

I don't know if you realize it but you do come across as a dick towards a lot of people.

In real life me and you would probably get along fine,but here not so much.

Yeah, might be, and I'm fine with it.  :thumbup: