• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Primed .308 brass - once fired

dpete

1 minute ago, sketch said:

let's see? I've been doing some work in the garage and have more brass than projos.. plenty of pow and primers. 

I've been so busy at work, that I can't think straight once I get back home, brother.  Dion shipped me 33 lbs of brass...  :lmao:  I'll getthe pics up tomorrow, I promise - PROMISE - because Saturday is Short-Day Saturday at work.  Only 1/2 day... 

VOILA!!!!   :laffs:

So first, I get the box at work...  I sneak away and cut the top open just to get a look at the goodies - and the box starts to split down one side!!!   I run and grab the tape gun, tape that sucker back up, and slid it under my bench.  It was a shiitshow at work, busy as hell, and after the end of the day, I'm 15 minutes away from work - and realized I forgot the damn box of brass!   :bitchslap:

I got it home the next day, and got into everything - and got the smaller bags out first. They were on top.  We got:  .300 Win Mag, 7mm-08, 45-70, 8mm Mauser, .243 Win, and Factory .300BLK brass.  :thumbup:

P1080642.thumb.JPG.a61f6eca8d519cecece4818c13b99c5b.JPG

P1080645.thumb.JPG.bb78e3e08665581745c3b0622dfa8474.JPG

Okay, so with that out of the box, it doesn't feel any lighter...   I open the trash bags - and it's a PILE of LC primed .308 Win brass!

P1080643.thumb.JPG.9c33b0483beb43f1987448616d9e94e9.JPG

I realized right away that I needed to get this into another container, so I head to the garage to get hands-on a large ammo can.  It was a can for 7.62 linked, 1500-round can.  One of those big ones!  All this brass almost has that can half full.  I don't need any .308 Win brass for a looooong time - and this stuff will rival my stash of Hornady Match brass. 

P1080646.thumb.JPG.157a2e9acad5ddcb457e012a733b59bf.JPG

So, initially, when Dion posted this stuff, I fired in here right away and said "I'll take the Lake City, brother!"  Then I send him a PM...  "Hey man, how much do you have?..."  He tells me back, "Oh, probably about 700~800."  So, I'm thinking okay, that's over $100 easy, but I told him I'd take it, so I'll do it.  Then he send me another PM, and says, "Hey man - I have alot more than I thought - probably about 1100 of these things..."  So, I'm thinking, alright...  You said you'd take it, so you're taking it...   :laffs:

When he did the final count, I told him just to throw all the other stuff in there that he was hanging onto for me, and we'll do the biggest batch I've bought yet...  

Can't thank you enough, @dpete - you rock, brother!  :hail:

:thumbup:   @98Z5V  I'm glad your happy with it! 

It's weird seeing pictures of those bags from your end.  Normally they go into a box and are just gone! 

I try to stuff and pad the boxes so nothing shifts around.  Apparently the shipping apes at UPS still found a way to abuse the box enough to get it to split.  Maybe it was because I used a USPS box. 

Edited by dpete

4 minutes ago, dpete said:

Apparently the shipping apes at UPS still found a way to abuse the box enough to get it to split.  Maybe it was because I used a USPS box. 

WAY happy with it, brother!  I don't think it was the box-abuse that did it - it was my frenzy to get that thing open...  :lmao:

Just now, 98Z5V said:

WAY happy with it, brother!  I don't think it was the box-abuse that did it - it was my frenzy to get that thing open...  :lmao:

I'll add extra tape going around the box next time (I KNOW there will be a next time!) to help make it frenzy proof.

3 minutes ago, dpete said:

I'll add extra tape going around the box next time (I KNOW there will be a next time!) to help make it frenzy proof.

You ALWAYS take care of your customers! :laffs: I'll be back whenever you're ready.  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a couple of times and am terrifically pleased with the deals.  Hi praise for dpete.  I've noticed during times of hiring extra help all of the shipping services hire folks who must,  or feel compelled to kick light boxes for an extra 3 points.  I can't count how many boxes come ruined from obvious abuse.  Children must be children.