• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sightmark Wolfhound?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i couldn't take having a new toy -unfired! Drug my gimpy a$$ out to the 50 yard range to rought sight the T7. Fuken love it!! Performs FLAWLESS! It was a bear getting set up, targets hung & boresighted through the barrel with the guts removed, then make adjustments. I wasn't shooting for accuracy,  just to get it roughly sighted in. Recoil was not bad & the Wolfhound optic was fucken amazing! Perfect for fast acquisition. I only fired 20 rounds, but scope held zero thus far. Next outing, I'll fine tune @ 100& 200yds

20200717_191741.jpg

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade

2 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Well, i couldn't take having a new toy -unfired! Drug my gimpy a$$ out to the 50 yard range to rought sight the T7. Fuken love it!! Performs FLAWLESS! It was a bear getting set up, targets hung & boresighted through the barrel with the guts removed, then make adjustments. I wasn't shooting for accuracy,  just to get it roughly sighted in. Recoil was not bad & the Wolfhound optic was fucken amazing! Perfect for fast acquisition. I only fired 20 rounds, but scope held zero thus far. Next outing, I'll fine tune @ 100& 200yds

Glad you got to pop her cherry. Now take it easy and heal up. It would have driven me nuts as well I’d do the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the T7 out today to try with the lighter Remington umc 150gr. Not bad. The FGGM & PPU MATCH 168's produced 1.5" groups @100yds. The 150's about 1" groups @100yd. That 1/12 twist definitely seems to like the lighter stuff best, but both are acceptable.  Once the shortage and prices come down, I'm going to have to get me some quantity of 147 to 150 grain quality ammo. 

16 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Took the T7 out today to try with the lighter Remington umc 150gr. Not bad. The FGGM & PPU MATCH 168's produced 1.5" groups @100yds. The 150's about 1" groups @100yd. That 1/12 twist definitely seems to like the lighter stuff best, but both are acceptable.  Once the shortage and prices come down, I'm going to have to get me some quantity of 147 to 150 grain quality ammo. 

How about some 130gr ammo at $1/rd?  It's available and not outrageously priced.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-american-eagle-varmint-and-predator-308-winchester-ammo-130-grain-jhp-ae308130vp-p-58828.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Lonewolf McQuade

Man, I've been looking for this thread. Just couldn't remember what forum it was on, as you and I seem to run in the same circles...

Glad to hear the Wolfhound is working well. I'm now torn between it and the PA 5x prism. Comparable price (like, within $10 or so most places), but the PA looks to be slightly more compact.

Plus, I will soon have a new home for my VX-HOG that's currently sitting on my T7 -- a 6.8 upper that's coming together slowly (just waiting on my barrel & bolt from H @ ARP).

9 hours ago, COBrien said:

I'm now torn between it and the PA 5x prism.

^^^   That's a bad little bastard, right there - I'll vouch for it.  I only have one, but I need another.  It's worth every penny.

I raided this off my 16" Grendel M4, to finish the 18" M16A4 - I need another another one to put back on the Grendel M4... 

P1080457.JPG.cb4f5d1537fabc7a03103c999e6d4775.JPG

9 hours ago, COBrien said:

Also... How'd the offset irons work out?

Lol, I've searched for threads before myself,  no clue which forum it was from.😂 

I believe either optic you choose (Wolfhound or PA) would be a great choice. I do love the Wolfhound,  but understand the desire for PA, especially if it's more compact.

I didn't like the offset irons on the bullpup. Great idea, but it put my face a bit too close for comfort near the ejection port. Probably safe but.....close!  I ended up removing them & installing regular flip ups on the main rail. 

46 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

^^^   That's a bad little bastard, right there - I'll vouch for it.  I only have one, but I need another.  It's worth every penny.

I raided this off my 16" Grendel M4, to finish the 18" M16A4 - I need another another one to put back on the Grendel M4... 

Bada$$ setup brother!!!

On 8/28/2020 at 10:26 PM, 98Z5V said:

Helluva setup!

One question I haven't found an answer for yet, though...

Does the PA 5x accept any "ACOG" QD mount? Running this on my Tavor with flip-up irons is going to be useless unless I can get the thing off in a hurry. Lol!

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Getting close to traceable layouts to cut out the new cases for the Tavor 7 308 & SAR 5.56

20210120_021120.jpg

20210120_021357.jpg

Very nice!

I'm waiting on my PA 5x to show up. When I ordered it, Optics Planet showed "Unknown ETA," and PA showed "Out of Stock." Now OP shows "5-7 weeks," PA has had a batch come and go, and OP just sent me an e-mail estimating my ship date as 1/27. Of course, the riser I also purchased isn't going to be shipped until sometime in February. So...

3 hours ago, COBrien said:

Very nice!

I'm waiting on my PA 5x to show up. When I ordered it, Optics Planet showed "Unknown ETA," and PA showed "Out of Stock." Now OP shows "5-7 weeks," PA has had a batch come and go, and OP just sent me an e-mail estimating my ship date as 1/27. Of course, the riser I also purchased isn't going to be shipped until sometime in February. So...

Thanks! Sucks waiting for shlt to show up, especially when we lack patience. Bullshlt that they claim in stock when they are actually out &;awaiting more down the road. Optics Planet is good for that kinda crap. Hopefully your orders arrive quickly now, may need it....soon.

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade

On 8/31/2020 at 6:37 AM, COBrien said:

Does the PA 5x accept any "ACOG" QD mount? Running this on my Tavor with flip-up irons is going to be useless unless I can get the thing off in a hurry. Lol!

I missed this one, sorry, brother!   YES!  Any ACOG QD mount will work...   :thumbup:  The ones from American Defense (ADM) are very, very nice - and I love some ADM mounts, for my red-dots and red-dot magnifiers.  The ones from LaRue are REALLY nice, as well - and the ADMs run a little bit less $$$...  

10 hours ago, COBrien said:

The 5x from PA will come with their thumbscrew mount and a riser - already.  It's set,right out of the box, to mount right up to any AR.   :thumbup: