• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Armalite??

They have been royally screwing up their business model. I went into the biggest independent gun shop on the Florida Treasure Coast and not only was there not one Armalite product, but they had no interest in carrying any. Florida, "The Gunshine State!". I am guessing some real serious financial issues.

2 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

@98Z5V, don't you or @MikedaddyH live close enough to ask in person?

You don't just go to the address, and walk in the front door.  There's not even signage out front, identifying what the location is.  When you drive up - you don't even know if you're in the right place of not - you look at the address, look at the front of the building...  and you're still not sure.

The main door has a cipher lock - you don't get to just "open the front door" to them.  ASll the front glass is mirrored - you don't get to look in there.  You ring a buzzer. After a minute, a GIANT dude answers that door, and asks you when you're there.  So you tell him.  If you pass his check - you get in.  If someone at Armalite told you that you could come up there - then you better remember the name of the person that told you that.  If not - you ain't getting in.

So, once you get in there - you're in a main lobby that will blow your mind.  That GIANT dude that let you in will tell you to "stay right there..."  ...and you WILL, too.  He gets the person that told you to come up there, and that person comes to the front lobby.  You handle your business that you were allowed to handle - and you leave.  And that GIANT dude makes sure the door is shut when you exit.

They don't do storefront sales.  They don't have customers come in and buy things.  There's no "I'll just swing buy and see what they have ready today" in that place.

I have two people I can call to get into that building.  One is one of the guys that gets parts for people.  The other one is the guy that runs the entire NEXUS Ammo section/company/department - whatever size of the company that is, and they call it. 

There aren't any financial issues with the company, at this time.  Just because a local gun shop doesn't have an interest in carrying their product, should that mean that the company has financial issues?  I think not.  My Gun Pusher hates Springfield Armory, and before the Hellcat - he wouldn't carry ANY SA product.  Does that mean that SA was going under?...  :popcorn:

I don't understand the rationale in going between "my local dealer has no interest in Armalite" and "that company must be in financial trouble..."  I just don't get the link.  Let me know what I'm missing in that... 

EDIT - This is the same exact thing that Timney does.  Timney Triggers are in Phx.  They don't have a storefront, and don't do walk-in sales, off the street.  Now, based on that, I've been to Timney, and talked to the ladies in the front office before - because there's no "customer storefront."  My visit was great, the front office people are fantastic.  And my trigger wasn't "shipped to me."

Business rules, are whatever the business decides that they are.  If you raise hell about a business's rules - you don't change anything.  If you talk to people nice on the phone - you learn other information...

There I go again.  I just did it.  I stated something about "talking to someone on a phone" again, instead of sending a text or an email, or posting on their FaceBook/Instagram Page...   How dare I...  :bitchslap::bat:

Edited by 98Z5V

5 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Does anyone know what is up w/Armalite? Website won't let me check out. They don't answer the phone number on the website. Sent an email last week no response. Been trying over a week to buy some parts.

What phone number did you call?

11 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

EDIT - This is the same exact thing that Timney does.  Timney Triggers are in Phx.  They don't have a storefront, and don't do walk-in sales, off the street.  Now, based on that, I've been to Timney, and talked to the ladies in the front office before - because there's no "customer storefront."  My visit was great, the front office people are fantastic.  And my trigger wasn't "shipped to me."

Business rules, are whatever the business decides that they are.  If you raise hell about a business's rules - you don't change anything.  If you talk to people nice on the phone - you learn other information...

There I go again.  I just did it.  I stated something about "talking to someone on a phone" again, instead of sending a text or an email, or posting on their FaceBook/Instagram Page...   How dare I...  :bitchslap::bat:

Buddy and I were talking about something and I decided to make a phone call and see about it. He told me after "you are sometimes really a dick in person but when you call people on the phone you turn into an ENTIRELY different kind of person". Yup, because they perhaps have what I want, and the better I treat them the harder they work to provide it to me. I do it in person too. "yes sir, yes ma'am, please and thank you" have gotten me stuff that other people could not get or get done, their work went into line BEHIND mine because they did not show some semblance of respect to the person they asked for something. Some of them, MANY of them never even consider that ASKING may get WAY more than demanding or ordering people to do stuff. Just because you CAN do that, does not mean that it is the best approach, ask and let the other person meet you way more than halfway.

Bill

If they are doing well they are not doing it on retail sales. I have not seen Armalite in ANY gun store of ANY size since Palmer sold the company. In Florida, Minnesota or Wisconsin. And being an Armalite fan I am always looking. Guessing then government and or foreign sales have become the bulk of their business.