• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The FN FNAR

GRA

Picked up an FN FNAR this past week.  Haven Had a chance to get it out yet due to the first hurricane of the year we’re having this weekend.  Was smart enough to get some extra mags as they were selling  at $50.00 each.  20” HB in polymer furniture.

Anyone that may be able to share some of their experiences with one it will be appreciated such as optics, etc. 👍

I have an FN SPR (sorta) bolt gun. This is an auto loader. So as far as optics go, anything you’d run on you 308 AR would be similar. All depends on what you’re hoping to do with it. 20” barrel...if your going longer range with it I’d say something in the 4-16x range would be great. 

Just now, DNP said:

I have an FN SPR (sorta) bolt gun. This is an auto loader. So as far as optics go, anything you’d run on you 308 AR would be similar. All depends on what you’re hoping to do with it. 20” barrel...if your going longer range with it I’d say something in the 4-16x range would be great. 

Yes thank you I had arrived at a similar performance level but I don’t know how smooth the action is compared to an AR10 so I’m looking at who holds the best zero.

Good rings and a good scope should hold zero on anything if mounted properly. I like the Vortex I have, I see guys happy with the PA stuff. You might be the first on here with one of those...you get to be the guinea pig. 

2 minutes ago, DNP said:

Good rings and a good scope should hold zero on anything if mounted properly. I like the Vortex I have, I see guys happy with the PA stuff. You might be the first on here with one of those...you get to be the guinea pig. 

That’s cool.  So far I have a non-illuminated Nikon M-Tactical .308 I’m going to try but Nikon is about to be extinct so if this unit works well I’ll have to find another and dedicate it to the rifle as it has no provisions for backup irons.  Just a rail for an optic. 

12 minutes ago, DNP said:

Why is this up my alley?

Choices

A he forgot which one of you was the fn fan

B he is trying to make you look bad for her see 13 miles from his house

C he drunk posted

D he fukked up and read scar see a-c

E that’s what the kids are calling nowdays “stick that right up you alley”

:hornet: :thefinger:

Or he thinks this is what I need for my effed up state. Im buying one more AR. It’s a 338 unicorn, but someday I will own it. I think I’m going bolt guns for a while....unless I wind up with a damn 6ARC after this fall. 

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gun-review-fn-fnar-rifle/

Sounds interesting, but have your anti anxiety medications available for disassembly and reassembly. It is based on the FN BAR. I always wanted one of those in 7mm Remington Magnum.With a thermal sight it could be real interesting for hogs.

Edited by Sisco

3 hours ago, DNP said:

Why is this up my alley?

SHIIIT!   I forgot that yours was the FN SPR...   :bitchslap:  When he said FN FNAR, I immediately thought "Damn, DNP has one of those!"...   :laffs:

I can't remember all the guns I have - how am I supposed to remember yours, too...   :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

8 hours ago, DNP said:

I think I’m going bolt guns for a while.... 

Government up here has kinda forced my focus into bolt guns, at least for now. I do have bolt guns but had been focusing on stuff the government was likely to ban. Two manufacturers up here are making upper/lower combos that use AR parts(barrels,furniture,BCG etc) . They will be straight pull back bolts  which sucks but not end of world. Makes it easier to keep people in the fight if they can still shoot and bring new shooters in with the promise of when we get our AR upper/lowers back it will be a relatively cheap upgrade for them