• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Got my first AR (Addax ZK) New pictures

MaDuce

• 4 weeks later...

I took it out shooting yesterday. There was no bench, so I had to sight it in as best as I could off-hand with only a soda can at 50 yards to work with. Still, I got it to where it hit the soda can every time with ease. Hopefully next time I'll be able to sight it in more thoroughly and get some more surgical accuracy out of it.

As for everything else, this gun has very little recoil. AT LEAST half as much as a normal M-4 Carbine and almost certainly less. The muzzle break makes allot of shockwave though. Probably 1/4 as bad as a .50BMG and I'm not exaggerating. I've never before seen anything like that from an AR-15. I've never seen anything like that from a .30-06.

Reliability wise the gun never once choked in the 140 rounds we put through it. Furthermore, I field stripped the gun for cleaning and just put it right back together. You could hardly tell the gun had been fired at all. The gas piston keeps the action so clean that it's almost creepy. I've never in my life seen another gas piston do anywhere near as good a job as keeping the action clean.

So, bottom line. I cannot begin to express how impressed I am with this gun. Everything was done just right. I'm really glad now that I went to the extra trouble to put together the funds to get it and wait in line as long as I did. Well worth it. This is a gun to grow old with. The Addax ZK most certainly lives up to Addax Tactical's reputation for excellence in firearm performance.

So I gather you like the piston-clean?

Nice setup!

Jon

The piston is held in place between the piston housing at the front and the receiver. The piston makes very minimal contact with other parts and the dirt is expelled in between, covering the center of the piston rod and the inside walls of the hand guard. That's where all the powder residue ends up. It barely shows up at all on anything else. I can't think of a more simple and perfect way to do it.

• 3 weeks later...

I looked up the Huldra. That's a very interesting weapon. The Addax system seams a tiny bit more reliable to me, and far more durable, but to a minor enough degree that it would require some seriously epic circumstances to expose.

I DO like the price though. The Addax ZK mid length is $850 for the base model, so assuming you use a spikes tactical lower receiver and standard parts, the Addax is ultimately about $50-$70 more expensive.

TBH, I know and trust Addax, so if I were to get another Gas piston AR, I'd probably stick with the ZK (if it isn't broke, don't fix it), but I'd DEFINITELY like to fire a Huldra, and possibly add it to my list of recommendations.